Question HDMI problems with aVOV TvOnline+

I have this TvOnline+ since June last year and it worked OK despite the fact the firmware is poorly built.
    During the last month I noticed that while watching TV, the image suddenly disappeared and the screen became black for few seconds at random times. This issue became annoying since it started to occur more and more often.
    I noticed that if I simply power off the aVOV and turn it back ON after few seconds the problems disappears until the next day. Everyday when I'm back home I have to power OFF and power back ON in order to watch TV.
    Here is the troubleshooting I did:

- I have replaced the HDMI cable 4 times with different cables, problem still there. The HDMI cables are excluded as potential problem.
    - I have tried a different HDMI port on TV, problem still there. I also have a HTPC that runs flawless on any HDMI tv port. Same with a Bluray DVD. So the TV is OK.
    - I have reset my IPTV at IKS66 and reset the aVOV completely. Re-entered my credentials, the problem is still there next day. The aVOV was reset few times with no success.
    This poorly built box runs a firmware 1.08, it seems to be the latest when checking in the settings.

Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem or experienced anything alike? Should I consider buying a MAG? Are the MAG's better?

TV Addicted
    Did you try doing a factory default and setting up the box from scratch again? Maybe there is corrupted code in there. thanks

TV Addicted
    One of the many problems with that box. Under certain circumstances it seemed like it would reset the HDMI output for some reason. Usually when a channel or a kodi stream was buffering, other times for seemingly no reason at all.

The box is a POS and Avov will never resolve any of it's issues. Glad that I picked up a Non Avov box (Dreamlink T1) to replace it.
    Last edited by SebsiBC; 02-04-2017 at 07:16 PM.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    everything can have their problems SebisiBC... Stating something like 'one of its many problems' is unfair and promoting other boxes in an avov thread is rather rude
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren

TV Addicted
    What's rude is selling boxes riddled with bugs, not fixing them, and releasing new boxes that are also riddled with issues. Every box can have it's bugs, but Avov has proven time and again that they only care about pushing out new hardware.

The guy asked if he should get a Mag and asked if they were better. I have no first hand experience with Mag boxes and was never particularly interested in them due to lack of Kodi and apps. I did however pick up a new box which I am much happier with than I ever was with the Avov, so thought mentioning it to the OP would be a good thing, so he can possibly research it and make his own decisions on his next box purchase. Back when Avov was a forum sponsor, I could have understood why you wouldn't want people mentioning competing boxes in an Avov thread, but at this point I feel it's in everyone's best interests to offer potentially better options when warranted imho.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    carry on then

my appologies
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren

TV Addicted
    No apology necessary! We're all good.

Quote Originally Posted by SebsiBC View Post
    What's rude is selling boxes riddled with bugs, not fixing them, and releasing new boxes that are also riddled with issues. Every box can have it's bugs, but Avov has proven time and again that they only care about pushing out new hardware.

The guy asked if he should get a Mag and asked if they were better. I have no first hand experience with Mag boxes and was never particularly interested in them due to lack of Kodi and apps. I did however pick up a new box which I am much happier with than I ever was with the Avov, so thought mentioning it to the OP would be a good thing, so he can possibly research it and make his own decisions on his next box purchase. Back when Avov was a forum sponsor, I could have understood why you wouldn't want people mentioning competing boxes in an Avov thread, but at this point I feel it's in everyone's best interests to offer potentially better options when warranted imho.
    I feel the same bro, thanks! I have had exactly the same thoughts about this product. I do not mind buying another aVov but it's quite possible to get into the same problems later on. It may be the firmware issue but very well it could be hardware too.

So what dedicated boxes we have for IPTV? Mag, aVOV and Dreamlink. Any others?
    Should I open a new thread? I have this question: I wish to combine an IPTV box with a HTPC capable of playing 4K and Netflix too. The Android boxes does not recognize multiple hard drives (I have 16TB in two Mediasonic boxes) and to go with a media server via LAN is not an option since it will spin my drives all the time. Any suggestions?

TV Addicted
    Not aware of any boxes with native iptv clients aside from Mag, Avov, and Dreamlink, although there are many which will run emulators on Kodi. Nvidia shield being the supposed best of the best on that end of the spectrum. (Although I've heard complaints of stuttering video on them so ymmv)

I don't have any first hand experience with Mag boxes, so can't really speak to them. When I mentioned in another thread about Avov boxes freezing after a couple of hours of watching the same channel, while the Dreamlink will play indefinitely without a freeze, someone replied stating that their mag box freezes every 20 minutes or so while their Dreamlink plays for hours without a hiccup. Not sure if that's the norm or not for Mag units, but the lack of Kodi generally keeps me from considering them at all.

Don't have any first hand experience on integrating iptv with your htpc either, but if you have a htpc connected to your tv with multiple drives connected, maybe just installing Kodi on the HTPC and running iptv through that would be the way to go in your situation. Hopefully someone with more specific knowledge will chime in to assist there.
    Last edited by SebsiBC; 02-05-2017 at 07:51 PM.