Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dear psycho1, could you please test three functionalities below and let me know how is it with your MAG?

- Button for switch of last two watched channels still doesn't work
    - Navigation (up, down, left, right) in Infomir apps portal (http://apps.infomir.com.ua/?language=en) still doesn't work
    - I still have problems connecting external hard drive. The MAG just doesn't recognize it.

Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDER View Post
    - Button for switch of last two watched channels still doesn't work
    Sorry, not sure which remote button i need to press?

- Navigation (up, down, left, right) in Infomir apps portal (http://apps.infomir.com.ua/?language=en) still doesn't work
    Have the same problem, however not really an issue for me as primarily use my 256W2 for iptv channels.

Dear psycho1, could you please test three functionalities below and let me know how is it with your MAG?
    - I still have problems connecting external hard drive. The MAG just doesn't recognize it.
    Bit of a hit & miss for me. My 1TB Buffalo USB disk doesn't get recognized yet my 64gb patriot USB disk does (the one i put the latest beta fw on). Again not such a big deal for me as I mainly use my 256W2 for watching iptv and it generally works well (running Stalker 5.1).

Btw do you know how to get back the Infomir logo on the bootup screen? My 256W2 came with streamstorm firmware, managed to get rid of that and put Infomir fw but on bootup still get the custom logo. Not affecting my day to day use but would like the Infomir logo back. Streamstorm even put their logo on the remote and on the 256 box itself!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by psycho1 View Post
    Sorry, not sure which remote button i need to press?
    On the bottom right of the remote there is a button with two arrows going into circle. Normally this button is used for fast switching between last two watched channels.

Quote Originally Posted by psycho1 View Post
    Btw do you know how to get back the Infomir logo on the bootup screen? My 256W2 came with streamstorm firmware, managed to get rid of that and put Infomir fw but on bootup still get the custom logo. Not affecting my day to day use but would like the Infomir logo back. Streamstorm even put their logo on the remote and on the 256 box itself!! LOL
    I don't think it could be done just with the image file we have. If you check firmwares on Infomir website there are much more files in the folder. Probably some of them will do the job when you upgrade through bios.

On the bottom right of the remote there is a button with two arrows going into circle. Normally this button is used for fast switching between last two watched channels.

I don't think it could be done just with the image file we have. If you check firmwares on Infomir website there are much more files in the folder. Probably some of them will do the job when you upgrade through bios.
    Ok tried that button on that remote but it does nothing.

I really do not understand how come these things work flawlessly on MAG 254 but not on 256. It's like programmers were complete idiots when building the new image.

I really do not understand how come these things work flawlessly on MAG 254 but not on 256. It's like programmers were complete idiots when building the new image.
    If you let Informir support know of any bugs such as this, I'm sure they'll get them fixed in the next stable release. I'm sure the 254 also had bugs galore when it first came out

TBH I'm very happy with my 256W2, it does the basic things quite well, such as watching live tv, catchup tv, video on demand and all of this is achieved via a 5ghz 802.11ac wifi connection without any stuttering at all. Hence why I went for a W2 version as i wanted to use the full power of my Netgear R9000 beast

Ok managed to get the Infomir bootup logo back on my MAG 256W2, it was quite easy but you must make sure the USB disk you use is in FAT32 format (ie not NTFS or exFAT) otherwise the steps below won't work.

On the USB disk create a mag256 folder there. Type of the picture must be only .bmp, the max size - 1280x720, then you need to compress to gz archive. The max size of the archive - 250KB, and it must be called - logo.bmp.gz, put this archive into the mag256 folder.

Plug in the USB disk containing the Infomir logo (or any custom logo), switch off the box, then whilst holding the 'menu' button on the remote, switch on the power to the MAG at the mains. Hold until you get the 'System Recovery Utility' menu (Bios) displayed. Then go to Upgrade Tools >> Set Logotype >> Using USB and voila!!!

You can download the default Infomir logo from here (its already in logo.bmp.gz format after you unzip it)

Code:
    https://wiki.infomir.eu/eng/stb-webkit/for-developers/customization-and-image-making-for-embedded-portal/logo-bootloader-mag200-250
    Hope this helps!

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    I would love to get all this in a sticky thread for you guys , but I can not till infomir does it first.
    I have checked the file download that has been seen and found it to be good, so no worries there.

infomir is so delegent on ensuring their work is up to par with no defects or backdoors is why we do not see it yet on the 256 http

But thnx guys for this thread
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren

Hey, thanks for the update SPEEDER!! That was swell of you!

And crazed - sorry for the late response. I'm glad to see you figured out the boot image. Took me a while to figure it out the first time.

And I haven't seen the updates on the Infomir server either. I thought that was quite unfortunate because even though the beta has issues, its still much better than the current latest on the server. And I know a LOT of people are having issues. I found that pretty upsetting.

Bought a Dreamlink T1 and have never looked back. I still use my MAG but won't be buying another sub till its stable.
    Last edited by veronicas; 02-20-2017 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Spelling

Anyone reading this, please disregard this thread (regarding beta updates) INFOMIR has released a NEW firmware on the regular update server. Go to "Settings" in the inner portal to update the box.

TONS FIXED
    - weather works
    - refresh rate switching doesn't cause problems (not sure if it does anything yet)
    - CEC auto shutdown when disabled - fixed
    - new options added to the settings in the inner portal.
    - lots more

I would say its fairly dam stable now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast