Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

Question Patient Zero (2018)

Patient Zero (2018)

Director: Stefan Ruzowitzky
    Writer: Mike Le (screenplay)
    Stars: Natalie Dormer, Stanley Tucci, Matt Smith

The screenplay for this film was featured in the 2013 Blacklist; a list of the "most liked" unmade scripts of the year.
    On October 18, 2013, it was announced that Mike Le's zombie script "Patient Z" was in the bidding war between different mini-major studios to get its rights. On October 29, 2013, Screen Gems won the bidding war from other studios and acquired the US rights to the film titled "Patient Zero".

This movie received many bad reviews, but I did kind of enjoy it (somewhat). The ending sucked thou, it really was kinda anti-climatic

Matt Smith can be noted for the more recent Dr. Who episodes.
    In his role in Patient Zero, he had been bit by a zombie but did not turn, but somehow is now able to communicate with the Infected. It is kinda ironic and maybe done on purpose, but his character's features in facial looks and the way he carries himself, he looks like he could be a zombie.

Natalie Dormer and John Bradley (Jon Snow's sidekick) can be noted for the Game of Thrones mini series.

Stanley Tucci I thought did his role well. He is a 'Zombie' or as they describe them as 'The Infected'.

Matt Smith's character interviews these Infected in order to gain info on the possible Patient Zero and get some clues as to a cure. He starts out each interview by naming them each with a name of a famous recording artist. These Infected go crazy when they hear loud music or go crazy at almost anything really. So Matt plays an album (yes on vinyl) and that is how he starts his interviews.
    His first he names 'Joe Cocker'

All in all, the movie was not too bad, but without Matt or Stanley's parts, I would say it would have been a total flop.

Bad or not so bad ?
    You decide
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Crazed .. thanks for taking the time to review these flicks. Saves me from watching a lot of TRASH

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 1sikguy View Post
    crazed .. Thanks for taking the time to review these flicks. Saves me from watching a lot of trash
    Ditto...!!!