Cool Dreamlink T1 brand new fresh install and startup

Dreamlink T1 Setup from right out of the box

I used a hardwired internet connection.

Then I followed the unit's own initial setup. It was pretty easy.
    When that completes, it jumps to {My Apps} by itself and begins to download. Then it reboots. It did an Android update. The only App on the unit was YouTube.

I went to Marketplace.

Selected DOL and pressed OK to download it. Waited for the download. Pressed OK to open it.

Noted my MAC in the upper Right corner of the display.

Went to my provider and made sure that I entered the correct MAC.

Went back to the DL-T1 and selected {Services}
    Then I selected the 1st one.
    I edited the first entry to say the provider’s name and hit OK. It was labelled ‘Address’ but I put the provider’s name in there instead.
    Then the next line down was labelled URL, but I didn’t know how to get out of the keyboard. I hit Exit and that worked, but now I needed the keyboard again when I got down to the URL line. I found that hitting OK worked.
    Then I went to certificate, which was just a little check box and hit that. That brought up another screen with username and password lines. I put my donation number into both of those.
    Then I hit Exit to return to the server screen.
    Then I held my breath and hit the RED button to connect.
    It connected right up and loaded the portal real fast.
    That was as hard as the installation was.

Now, I must say that the video quality from this unit is way past outstanding.

It runs the $$$ off of the iptv but the server is still the server. However, I must say that it runs waaaaay better than my MAG254.

It has an A/V output jack with no cable. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the cable? I will build my own I guess.
    Is it the same as the one the MAG254 uses?

Addons also lists STB Emu Pro. What is that?

This box has Kodi on the marketplace. I downloaded it but I know less than crap about Kodi.

This box is waaaay worth the money, easy to set up, and easy to use. Even so, it could use an actual real instruction manual even if it was only a pdf file on the server somewhere.

Is there a screen saver in there anywhere? I couldn't find one.

Found that when inserting the server info..a mouse hooked up makes it easier........if you would like a backup I made for kodi addons.......pm me ............This will install some of the most popular addons for kodi with one click.....of the mouse................

The A/V Cable is the same as the Mag254 one (you can't use the HDMI ?).

Thanks for the cable info. I have one of those!

I will use the HDMI but I have a whole-house video distribution system. I make my own UHF channels. I want to make this into a channel that I can watch from any TV in the house. I can even watch Curse of Oak Island in my barn. Isn't that cool?

Mouse works? How about wireless mouse/keyboard? Anyone try that? Even just USB keyboard might be very good.

This box has Bluetooth but there seems to be some controversy over it works/not. Bluetooth keyboard would be nice too.

Not finding any PVR functions. Too bad. Dreamlink T5 PVR is extremely good. I was hoping for something like that.

Not found any screen saver function. Is that a part of the portal? I tend to put something on like 120 and watch it all evening. MAG254 tries to stop the channel if you don't change channels every so often. Like 4 hours? Not sure. Does this box do the same?

Wireless mouse and keyboard work great... Steve2

Thanks. That is very good to know. Looking at some of this Kodi stuff. They would be very helpful. Looking for one on sale someplace now.

I know very little about Kodi. Runs like a raped ape on this bad boy. Looks like it has a lot of good stuff but I am lost. It would sure be nice to have a backup plan for when the server ain't doing so well.

HD stands for Harley Davidson 4wheelin's Avatar
    google kodi and what you want to install ,lots of good info ,actually with kodi it is more of a main source then channels.

Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by AeonFlux View Post
    Thanks. That is very good to know. Looking at some of this Kodi stuff. They would be very helpful. Looking for one on sale someplace now.

I know very little about Kodi. Runs like a raped ape on this bad boy. Looks like it has a lot of good stuff but I am lost. It would sure be nice to have a backup plan for when the server ain't doing so well.
    Look for a you tube video called How to install wookie lite It's an easy way to start You can actually use spmc and Kodi and have different features on each installation