JJ_RR_Announcement_FINAL_1A_0_0.jpg

When the UFC's landmark, six-year deal with Reebok was announced two weeks ago, it was understood that top-tier stars would benefit.

Tuesday, Reebok announced that UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones and women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey had signed on to represent the brand.

According to the company's press release, Jones and Rousey "will be working closely with Reebok to help develop and launch the brand's new range of UFC apparel, as well as a new collection of footwear and apparel specifically created for the more than 35 million people around the world who participate in combat training to stay fit."

Rousey expressed her enthusiasm for the deal.

"From the very beginning, it was clear to me that Reebok is passionately invested in our sport and its athletes," Rousey said. "The team is committed to helping push our sport forward and I am proud to be part of it. Reebok understands what tough fitness means for women and what women need for their fitness lifestyle. Together we're going to inspire even more people to train like fighters."

Jones echoed similar sentiments.

"Reebok is working with UFC to take the sport to the next level," Jones said. "It's going to be an amazing journey and I'm incredibly proud to be a part of it. The brand has a great history in fitness and training, and that comes through in everything they do. What I'm particularly excited about is that the input of the fighters is going to drive the product innovation, which will ensure all athletes, whether they are fighting for a world championship or just to be fit, will have the very best gear," said Jones."

Jones and Rousey join UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis and former welterweight champ Johny Hendricks among those with individual Reebok sponsorships.