ROAMING

MInix Neo U1 OR Nvidia Shield

Looking to upgrade from a Minix X8H Plus….not a gamer, only use it for watching films and tv shows and iptv via Stalker.

Which would you recommend and why?
    something here

get active
    Quote Originally Posted by Autoroam View Post
    Looking to upgrade from a Minix X8H Plus….not a gamer, only use it for watching films and tv shows and iptv via Stalker.

Which would you recommend and why?
    There are several so I would look for a box that has 3gb of DDR3 with 16 or 32 gb of ram with a Micro SD port to extend memory. Two or more USB ports, Bluetooth, 2.4/5ghz wifi and Marshmallow 6.0 android operating system. There are several android boxes with these specs so look for one that you think will suit you with the best quality remote control.

as much as I like Minix, I'd go with a used Nvidia shield (if cost is a factor, can easily be had for $250 CAD or less since stripped down 2017 version launched). They actually push android version updates unlike the majority of other devices out there.
    Owned devices: Nvidia Shield (2015 & 2017), Minix X8-H Plus, U1, U9-H, Dreamlink T1, Dreamlink T1 Plus, Avov Tvonline, Global media box 4k, Mi box, Buzz xpl2000, Buzz xpl3000, T95Z Plus, Formuler Z7+ (UK & NA)

Pinball Wizard
    Nvidia Shield is hard to beat!!not impossible just hard!!

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser View Post
    Nvidia Shield is hard to beat!!not impossible just hard!!
    So what do you like to perform almost as good as a shield? Magicsee, H96Pro, what? I'd sure like to run Android 7 with an octacore processor and 4GB Ram over the massively underpowered deticated IPTV make boxes. I think that some of the freezing is because the dedicated boxes are so weak on horsepower. Am I crazy?

Your not Crazy....Just think your wrong.......... You can have the fastest most powerful system on Earth..........And there will still be problems at the servers end that will effect you......my $100.00 iptv box will freeze about the same as your custom built android box with the fastest possessor on Earth and 16 gigs of ram ................ ( better iptv service is whats needed ) It's in the growing up stage right now..........