Junoir Member

Android Kodi vs Mag 254 boxes

I'm running iptv and Kodi through a MXQ Pro 4k box. I bought the box from a guy at work and don't know who the iptv provider is. Would iptv run better if I purchased a Mag 254 and signed up with my iptv provider?

tester
    that all depends and how you setup iptv on kodi the mag 254 works good for just iptv

Rocket -66-and nfps was made for the mag so saying that yes it should run better.Do i run a mag no so really cant tell you if its better.I would not be telling the truth. All i can tell you is what the big guys say is best for this iptv and they say mag is but get a good one .http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...-you-should-do read all 4 steps and you make up your mind and to be fair i just dont have money to get another box to test
    Last edited by Marley; 01-17-2017 at 03:45 PM.

IPTV runs much better on kodi. The mag254 was recommended when this service was first introduced. Since then, things have changed. A quad core processor, with at least 2gigs of rams much better than the mag254. The dreamlink t1 does run good, but IMO, the mag254 is not the best to run with this service.

tester
    i agree with you kodi runs better on iptv then the mag 254 does on iptv Joker
    Last edited by greg; 01-18-2017 at 01:29 AM.

Junoir Member

android vs 254 Mag

I appreciate the feed back...I tried my buddys mag 254 on my tv today and it ran great. I went to his place and ran my android box on his tv and it ran good as well. So many variables, different tvs, different iptv providers and different internet providers. I give the edge to the 254 mag in this showdown.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    cool showdown Alan ... lol

Mags still have good abilities yea .. true the 254 is an older box but it works good with IPTV.
    Their Video Club for instance. All the Sorting and Searching functions are there and work. Search by letter or name, sort by Time added, Title Rating, HD, Favourite or a selection that you never finished watching yet. Not any other that I seen has all these functions and working.
    The mags have good setup process. Their Keyboard is setup good and its functionality cant be beat. Their speed and is a bit slow on bootup and some navagation, but once the 254 is up and running, it does very well.

Gotta add too that the mag 254 has not needed an update to its firmware since a year or two now. With Stalker applications thru Kodi, well there are updates and new programs and etc that we see constantly. Lot of work running IPTV thru Kodi as compared to the Mag 254
    The Mag 254 is purring away on its last software update with no issues there.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 01-19-2017 at 01:50 AM.
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 2.0 View Post
    cool showdown Alan ... lol

Mags still have good abilities yea .. true the 254 is an older box but it works good with IPTV.
    Their Video Club for instance. All the Sorting and Searching functions are there and work. Search by letter or name, sort by Time added, Title Rating, HD, Favourite or a selection that you never finished watching yet. Not any other that I seen has all these functions and working.
    The mags have good setup process. Their Keyboard is setup good and its functionality cant be beat. Their speed and is a bit slow on bootup and some navagation, but once the 254 is up and running, it does very well.

Gotta add too that the mag 254 has not needed an update to its firmware since a year or two now. With Stalker applications thru Kodi, well there are updates and new programs and etc that we see constantly. Lot of work running IPTV thru Kodi as compared to the Mag 254
    The Mag 254 is purring away on its last software update with no issues there.
    Interesting reading from all of u with a lot of experience,but still I'm more confused than before :confusede:.
    i own a tvip 412 box which runs smoothly and easy of use.now I want another account with a different box.so what's a good choice in terms of speed(booting up,changing channels etc.),quality?
    i know the discussion is endless due to taste but can somebody impartially rap everything up with pros and cons for various box solutions?mag vs. kodi vs. other boxes?
    if I buy an android box with minimum 2 gb?will I have the same quick experience and quality as with tvip 412.(mag)?
    Thanks
    ps.if it works,don't break it but u always want something better don't u?and cheaper

I run multiple iptv services on many platforms kodi on a Windows pc or Linux runs much faster but more of a pain if you're wanting vod the mag is slower running but gives you all the services offered. ..android boxes in my opinion are really hit and miss ..the cheap ass boxes are just that...one of the android boxes I use is a matricom pulsar and works well but android in general has bugs unless you want to install linux which kodi is built around. ...and yes all this can be confusing

if you only want iptv then mag is one