Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

About Time (2013)

About Time (2013) - I know this is almost 4 years old now, but Margot Robbie is in it
    Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Romance
    Stars: Domhnall Gleeson, Rachel McAdams, Margot Robbie, Bill Nighy

At the age of 21, Tim Lake discovers he can travel in time.
    The night after a New Year party, Tim's father tells his son that the men in his family have always had the ability to travel through time. Tim can't change history, but he can change what happens and has happened in his own life, so he decides to make his world a better place...by getting a girlfriend.
    That turns out not to be as easy as you might think.
    -end CP-

I was interested in this flic because of the time travel thing which can always make for some great comedy.... and along with Margot Robbie being in the cast , I was hooked ... (we will get back to Margot later).

This starts out with you getting an idea fairly soon of how the movie is gonna go. Or so you think.
    Its not a mystery movie thou, its a comedy and gets full marks in that department. Its also a drama and a romance, yes I watched a full romance movie
    Domhnall Gleeson plays Tim, who gets this magical gift to travel back in time (not forward, only backward). His father passes this on to him.
    What to do with this gift?
    Tim figures, well money.. which means no more having to work.. etc... but using this gift for motives other then the right ones never works out... Tim did not know what to do with this gift, except he knew it must be able to help him get a girlfreind
    His father gives him some advice on the matter and off we go !!!

This sounds like some national Lampoons adventure, but believe me it is not. You are in for a great movie once you sit down to this.

It is quite a trip.
    The movie goes on thru Tims life, is quite comical at times. But it is also quite ... well it is more then comedy or fantasy, its about a gift and how one uses it to better things in ones life... his love , his family, his friends. That is what he tries to do, but things are not that easy.
    If anyone can figure all this out, Tim is the man for the job.

Domhnall Gleeson does a great job with the comedy, the drama and really his whole role.
    Rachel McAdams shows her best in this too. She had some parts that needed for us to be convinced in her part and she pulled it off great.

The movie slowed down in comedy tempo near the ending, but it was exactly how it intended to, and worked well.
    Kinda like Tims life and what he has figured out about it all.
    Very good movie.

Now back to Margot Robbie !
    Margot had a small part in this movie, but an important part. She spoke with her native accent too.
    In case any do not know, Margot Robbie is Harley Quinn .. Suicide Squad
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 02-01-2017 at 03:58 AM.
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren

Pinball Wizard
    I like this movie, even thought I'm not a big Rachel McAdams fan, But I always enjoy Margot Robbie!!!

Last edited by crazed 9.6; 10-07-2021 at 01:42 PM.

TV Addicted
    i read this thread checked it out on salts, hooked! will definitely watch it later, thanks for the recommendation

Last edited by crazed 9.6; 10-07-2021 at 01:40 PM.