Understanding the term 'stalker' on MAG Boxes

Hi,
    I plan on buying a MAG256 soon (W2 if i can find one!) and I believe some users have had problems on these. When I asked a MAG256 retailer in UK if i should instead go for a MAG254 he said you won't have any problems on the 256 if you use stalker v5.0 or above. Now what does this mean exactly? Is "stalker" an IPTV streaming standard or something? I haven't purchased the IPTV package yet but the one i'm planning to buy definitely works on MAG boxes, should i ask the seller if it uses Stalker v5 or above? Sorry for a noob question, still new to all this MAG boxes malarkey!!
    Cheers
    Psycho

Rocket Recovery Technician
    I believe Stalker is an IPTV app that runs on Android boxes. Mag boxes run Linux and don't need stalker.

Fire From Within

"Stalker" is the form of software called middleware that allows servers that have content or links to content to communicate with users that have "clients" that make requests of the servers. Think of it as a middleman or a layer that isolates the actual content servers that allows it to efficiently communicate to users.

That is the technical definition of the Infomir product called "Stalker". To the users, if the IPTV provider says they are a Stalker server, just verify that you can use the box you buy can work with it.

To use a MAG 256 box, your IPTV provider needs to be using Stalker 5.0 or above as its middleware version. It has client software that can communicate with the Stalker middleware version 5.0. There are other boxes that can communicate with the older versions, like the MAG 254.

Thanks for the succinct explanation dara, clear as a bell