Thread: vpn ?

Junoir Member

vpn ?

Do I need to use vpn( I have a paid one) in order to stay away from copyright problems?
    I just got a new box where I set wifi connection there was something with vpn, but I see nothing works( I mean press vpn and then a blank page, nothing happen)
    Can someone help in that matter, I tried search but no success.

tester
    on what box are you trying to set up a vpn on

Junoir Member
    The box is Rominetak R60, and I've installed ipvanish paid subscription and also I managed to make it work with IPTV stalker plus but without ipvanish connected. When I start Ipvanish and if I try to watch a channel it says : " ITV Authorization Failed. Please Login Again or try an IPTV Reset "
    P.S.: My box mac address is starting with : C4:2F:AE:xx:xx:xx and not :00:1A:78:xx:xx:xx is this a problem?
    Is there any way to make it work with ipvanish connected?

Banned
    I think you need to do an IPTV reset as using the VPN changes your ip address.

So turn on the VPN, then do the reset. Clear cache cache try reloading. I have the same problem when using a VPN

Junoir Member
    So every time when vpn is connecting next day I need to do a reset? not handy
    Is it safe enough to use it without vpn and if I don't watch movies from others addons?

Junoir Member
    PS:
    My box Has come with Stalker client v 1.0.12 , this one is outdated ? cause I see is not working
    Is there any good tutorial on how to use with an epg watching the channels? Searching returns some , I think, outdated methods like ninja...
    Last edited by anaida; 01-10-2017 at 09:04 PM. Reason: new question

Banned
    I've never had a problem not using a VPN but I've heard some have.

No you should not need to do an IPTV reset every day. If you use the VPN all the time then the first time is enough

Probation
    I got this for us channels the other day

Channel Guide
    Guide->Preference->XMLTV Only or Prefer XMLTV
    XMLTV->Scope->Remote URL
    XMLTV->Remote URL->
    hxxp://yahyabell.com
    Last edited by Kimbo; 01-15-2017 at 03:15 PM. Reason: no live links

get active
    Quote Originally Posted by anaida View Post
    Do I need to use vpn( I have a paid one) in order to stay away from copyright problems?
    I just got a new box where I set wifi connection there was something with vpn, but I see nothing works( I mean press vpn and then a blank page, nothing happen)
    Can someone help in that matter, I tried search but no success.
    I don't know which VPN service you have and there are different ways to set up the VPN service on different devices. I configured my VPN service to auto connect to a specific VPN server on boot up. The best way to get the right setup is to find a forum or ask your VPN service provider how to set up on your particular box. Please be aware that some IPTV service providers do NOT ALLOW you to use VPN services or block their servers. They will deactivate your IPTV service if you do and they will tell you that they will not re-activate the service if you use a VPN service. Most IPTV services do allow a VPN service but some do not and its up to the subscriber to ask or read and know whether or not they can use a VPN service with their IPTV service provider. I found one recently who states this in their service requirements so I did not subscribe to it.
    Last edited by Deadwood; 01-20-2017 at 02:24 PM.