Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Junoir Member

IPTV Freezing... internet provider to blame

I would like to bring this to the attention of folks living in Calgary, AB Canada, for the last four days Internet provider Shaw has introduced some bug that is causing all IPTV servers to constantly freeze both live channels and VOD. The competing Internet service in Calgary Telus works fine. We are hoping customers call Shaw and complain and treaten to move to Telus. And even suggest to post on social media until they fix the service.

Thanks all

P.S. Hope not out of line here
    Thanks

Probation
    Jadoo TV also freezing on Shaw internet, l will switch to Telus.

Probation
    How to fix it

tester
    i have Shaw internet and no freezing here get a higher internet speed

Probation
    I have shaw 150 but my speed test is saying i have 43

Probation
    I have 4 diffrent service and 4 boxes in my house and everyone is showing for 30 seconds and then stops even the movies are doing the same
    I just need some advise on how to go about fixing this issue

Try a different router

Probation
    I totally agree with this. My buddy lent me his avov late november and it was awesome. I bought my own boxes and gave his unit back. All of a sudden in the last week I have BB250 and I have been racking my brain looking over my system eliminating so many variables trying to figure out why my android AND my mag 254 is freezing on crowntv live tv. My buddy on telus tried my box and it was rock solid.

How did you prove it was shaw? I need to know this before I call back and bitch at them.

By the way my crowntv VOD is still really solid

get active
    Shaw, Telus, Bell and Rogers are all losing millions from loss of subscribers and they will make "moves" to disrupt whatever IPTV, Kodi or service you have with them to get you to go back to their tv services. I would strongly recommend you sit down and search for a third party internet provider who doesn't apply surcharges or overuse of bandwidth. If you want, try searching out Juce Communications or an ISP provider that doesn't have any add on billing for anything and no restrictions on bandwidth. For those who are with Shaw, it will be easy to switch but be careful as Shaw likes to put "filters" on your line and that will choke down your internet speed.

Junoir Member
    Looks like Shaw has given up the Ghost. Here in the west they were flooded with call and folks treatening to move to the competing internet provider and contacting the CRTC. All services are back to normal. It is not like we are getting their internet for free, what they pulled is outragous. at least as consumers we can fight back. Thanks to all who had the courage to act.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast