Junoir Member

New provider Video Club and catchup not working properly

I have just changed provider as their live stream is more stable than the old one. However, Video Club and Catchup are now not working (they do if I take my box to my office). But! Video Club and catchup worked perfectly with my old IPTV provider. I am in Spain, I have a MAG254. I have 15mb internet download which normally I connect to with a WIFI adapter.
    My new provider told me to change my connection to a cable, which I've done, which has improved things a bit, but catchup is still very weak, and freezes all the time. Video Club the same.
    I have entered a google dns to see if that helped. It didn't.
    My provider said that my ISP has cheap connections that aren't reaching their servers in France. Apart from that he couldn't help.
    Anyone got any ideas?. I can't explain this one to my ISP, I don't think they'll be that interested! And it was fine with my old provider.. so is it about server locations?
    Can i do anything to my router (a Livebox) to help?
    Thanks in advance for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by maghelp View Post
    I have just changed provider as their live stream is more stable than the old one. However, Video Club and Catchup are now not working (they do if I take my box to my office). But! Video Club and catchup worked perfectly with my old IPTV provider. I am in Spain, I have a MAG254. I have 15mb internet download which normally I connect to with a WIFI adapter.
    My new provider told me to change my connection to a cable, which I've done, which has improved things a bit, but catchup is still very weak, and freezes all the time. Video Club the same.
    I have entered a google dns to see if that helped. It didn't.
    My provider said that my ISP has cheap connections that aren't reaching their servers in France. Apart from that he couldn't help.
    Anyone got any ideas?. I can't explain this one to my ISP, I don't think they'll be that interested! And it was fine with my old provider.. so is it about server locations?
    Can i do anything to my router (a Livebox) to help?
    Thanks in advance for your help!
    You can try changing your DNS settings on router to 8.8.8.8 incase your ISP is dns blocking Videoclub host.

Junoir Member
    Hi, yes thanks but as mentioned I did already try with a Google DNS, i tried both 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. Didn't make any difference.