Viper

New EPG Option -closed thread

Hi all,

Like most I've been looking for an option since ninja is no longer so I decided to spend some of my vacation working on it. I was able to get it going for most of the English Channels. I don't have any plans in the near future for the spanish channels nor will I do anything ever for adult channels so don't ask.

I have automated the process so hopefully there won't be any problems moving forward and I won't need to intervene and I can just work on getting a few channels fixed at a time. i made python scripts for this and I can release it to anyone who is interested in case they want to pick up and extend it.

I still have some more things that I need to do but for the most part it should work but bugs are sons of glitches so you never know. Currently I am using Schedules Direct Service as I have heard that it is pretty good and I did pay for a subscription but I DON'T want any donations please. The feed is set for 48 hours and I will run an update daily at 12 AM GMT.

It took me some time, so please appreciate it and don't complain or I will pull it and just leave it for myself. I have a full time job so I don't know how often I will be able to work on it (probably not a lot). Constructive criticism is welcome but like I mentioned, I don't know when I will be able to do any fixes.

This is free so please keep that in mind. This comes with no warranties or guarantees and I am in no way affiliated with ANYBODY.

In order to get the new EPG XML source using stalker client you just need to go to System->Add-ons->Stalker Client->Configure->Portal X(the one that you are using; usually 1)
    3 things to ensure:
    • Guide->Preference->XMLTV Only or Prefer XMLTV

• XMLTV->Scope->Remote URL

• XMLTV->Remote URL->
      Code:
      http://yahyabell.com

I hope you guys enjoy!

Viper
    Hi all,

I added the source code to the github repo where the guide is.

https://github.com/viper8690/epg

I will work on actually adding some comments.