Recording/Schedule Recording/Timeshift

If I'm looking for a way to watch/record/schedule record.
    I've tried Kodi, but I've been told there's not a good way on Kodi.
    I'm wondering what would be the best way even if I had to buy a set-top box.

To my knowledge recording shows and movies is done at a server level so the iptv team would have to authorize recording the content which would bring iptv stalker under a magnifying glass which I am pretty sure they are against, and are trying to fly under the radar. If you can find a topset box that allows you to record any content brig displayed directly to your TV it might work hit I haven't been able to find any box or software to pull the data from my TV directly without video taping it with a camcorder.

TV Addicted
    I can come out of my box (mag254) via the composite port and go into a set top dvd recorder, but the quality just plain sucks so I do not use it.

Thanks Guys, I'm not sure why it has to be on server side though, can't set-top box just schedule and record the video stream??
    The only solution I found was video capture of Kodi running on PC, far from the best solution, plus I couldn't schedule... Would love to hear what others have done?

what i hear if you can record then you breaking the law for iptv part i could be wrong on this

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fastrick View Post
    I can come out of my box (mag254) via the composite port and go into a set top dvd recorder, but the quality just plain sucks so I do not use it.
    Hello,
    Appears I'm entering a 2+ year long message thread.
    Presently, Tivo allows time shifting, commercial skipping, scheduling, everything .... but Tivo is Tivo
    and not iPTV. Various websites advertise DvD recorders that presumably can be attached to the
    Mag 254 HDMI output and function more or less as a Tivo. Not being a Mag 254 user yet, need to
    ask about the technical possibilities of selecting a DVR recorder that will suffice?

Youtube videos reveal that the Mag 254 UI has "Record Manager" and "Download Manager" features,
    however search engine searches reveal no instructions of details of whether or not these two
    UI menu picks function to allow scheduling, commercial skipping, recording, time shifting, etc.

Can an external hard drive be added to Mag 254 to perfor4m scheduling, downloading, time shifting, etc?

Any enlightenment will be most appreciated.

Thanks

Google "Cablecard Tuner" or "HTPC TV Tuner"
    HD Homerun, Centon InifiTV, KODI NextPVR

I am in the process of gathering information to build a "PC" based HTPC. Looks like this is the way to go if you want the ability to record content. A Tuner card is required.

TV Addicted
    The BuzzTV xpl3000 now has recording/schedule recording capabilities on IPTV (no time shift). Working fairly well at the moment but they are still working on it and updating it every week or so to get it perfected.

That is great work to be that attentive to their product. I'm sure they'll get any kinks worked out.
    Beginner's Guide for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...-you-should-do

Kodi Options for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php?71-Kodi

Check the Announcement Section...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php...-Announcements