Thread: Sound drop

Junoir Member

Sound drop

After using my MAG 254 box for a week, the sound level has suddenly dropped on all channels so that I have to have the volume to maximum to hear it well. I have reset everything, re-booted, re- everything and still it's the same. Other equipment, DVD, TV all work fine. I've changed the HDMI and ethernet cables and can't think of anything else to alter. Volume is at 100 on the box. Anyone any ideas? I've contacted Infomir, but they've been less than helpful

Junoir Member
    I have sorted this problem out now, purely by chance. A combination or sequence of buttons must have been pressed on the remote control for the STB. This resulted in the sound being muted (almost but not quite). I was trying to watch a programme on replay, but pressed several buttons that reset the sound somehow. This was a completely random order and I couldn't replicate it again I imagine, but surely it must be something the manufacturers know about, so why was no solution put forward, or even the idea that I could have done such a thing? Infomir were less than helpful and obviously don't know that this can be done (or didn't tell me anyway).

Junoir Member
    Can I kindly ask you how did you sort it out? I have the same problem and can't figure out what to do after trying everything possible. Thanks!

Junoir Member
    I found that as any button on the remote was being pressed, it was reducing the volume a tiny bit. I've now found that if I press the 'mute' button, a square with a cross comes up, top left of the screen. Pressing it again brings up a speaker symbol with a blue bar next to it. Pressing the right arrow button makes the blue bar longer and therefore the volume. Hey presto, back to proper volume again! A pain to do sometimes, but at least it now works fine.

Common problem group......when movie starts goto right side of control bar at bottom of screen and goto the speaker on the right side....click on speaker and a screen will come up and goto the second line from the top and move over to max. and leave and you should have tons of volume that is controllable from your remote......cheers.....frogger

Quote Originally Posted by Goosey View Post
    I found that as any button on the remote was being pressed, it was reducing the volume a tiny bit. I've now found that if I press the 'mute' button, a square with a cross comes up, top left of the screen. Pressing it again brings up a speaker symbol with a blue bar next to it. Pressing the right arrow button makes the blue bar longer and therefore the volume. Hey presto, back to proper volume again! A pain to do sometimes, but at least it now works fine.
    Ive already programmed my remotre, but i'll definitely try this later

UPDATE:
    If you no volume or low sound on your tv after programming your remote. Thats it, RESET YOUR REMOTE, raise the volume.

Hi
    i cannot get into this menu on the right side ? and my speeker button on my remote is on my left.
    when the movie starts there is know menu at the bottom only the time start and end time of the movie

can you please explain
    thank yiu john