Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chief Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwood View Post
    I would suggest a derringer, its very small, easy to carry, carry it anywhere as it could be used as a hideout gun where space is minimal. It comes in several calibers and a 45 caliber blank would make more than enough noise to warn anyone off before firing a live round as a last resort.
    Thanks that is a great suggestion, also safer for the most part.

Chief Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by 4me2c View Post
    Lol, if They haven't gotten one in 3 years, kinda doubtful They Still need one...!
    Actually, I am still looking looking and trying to get the wife to carry one. The derringer with a blake is great for her. Also other people ar still viewing this thread and this may assist others in there search.

Chief Ninja
    Lol, if They haven't gotten one in 3 years, kinda doubtful They Still need one...!
    Actually, I am still looking looking and trying to get the wife to carry one. The derringer with a blake is great for her. Also other people are still viewing this thread and this may assist others in there search.

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar

Wink

After 3 Years and Still Searching...?!? Are You Sure You Want Her to have One...???

Rocket Recovery Technician
    If you go for a derringer, you should check the way it fires, any live chamber gun should not be used by someone who is not aware of it's shortcomings like a hard blow on an exposed hammer, ETC. One with a transfer bar controlled by the selector would be preferable. The small 22 mags with a cylinder are a good choice if handled properly, and are not limited to just two shots. But if it is open carry why limit the available reliability, knockdown and ease of target acquisition.

My CCP carry is one of two, a (high standard double nine 3" 22 Long rifle revolver. Absolute reliability, 9 shots less weight than a can of Vienna sausage, pocket size). Or a SW Military Police special 41 mag nickel plated with custom wood grips. The 41 has half the recoil of the 44 and 3/4 the knockdown.

My wife has a Llama Mini max 45acp 9 shot 4" it is almost like a Colt 1911 commander but has more shots. It has a lot of recoil for her but she can handle it with two hands and nobody will stand up for a second shot. I cut the end of the hardballs to spread fast.
    Last edited by 12icer; 03-26-2020 at 04:23 AM.

Chief Ninja
    After 3 Years and Still Searching...?!? Are You Sure You Want Her to have One...???
    I 'm sure but she is not, that's why I think the derringer may get her on board

Chief Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by 12icer View Post
    If you go for a derringer, you should check the way it fires, any live chamber gun should not be used by someone who is not aware of it's shortcomings like a hard blow on an exposed hammer, ETC. One with a transfer bar controlled by the selector would be preferable. The small 22 mags with a cylinder are a good choice if handled properly, and are not limited to just two shots. But if it is open carry why limit the available reliability, knockdown and ease of target acquisition.

My CCP carry is one of two, a (high standard double nine 3" 22 Long rifle revolver. Absolute reliability, 9 shots less weight than a can of Vienna sausage, pocket size). Or a SW Military Police special 41 mag nickel plated with custom wood grips. The 41 has half the recoil of the 44 and 3/4 the knockdown.

My wife has a Llama Mini max 45acp 9 shot 4" it is almost like a Colt 1911 commander but has more shots. It has a lot of recoil for her but she can handle it with two hands and nobody will stand up for a second shot. I cut the end of the hardballs to spread fast.
    Thanks more great information

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12