Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xman0980 View Post
    I cant get anything from Rovi
    Connecting .. : rovicorp.com
    ,,Forbidden ... : Invalid keys? Excess requests per second? Bad template?

I made an account, and got my keys from the Entitlement section, but still nothing. Copy and pasted multiple times.
    Don't know what to tell you other than it sounds like you are not inputting exactly what is expected; maybe an extra space or character somewhere IDK since I don't use the service. Did you check on the rovi.com site and see if they can help you?

From the description at awardspace.info:

This service targets real time interaction rather than bulk downloads. There is a limit on the number of requests one can make per day (10,000 on trial), and most program detail (aside from the title and airing time) must be requested individually per program. This adds up very quickly if you have a lot of channels or hours of schedule data, therefore this service (on trial) is not appropriate for daily collecting of 14 days of schedule data for a full lineup of channels with complete detail.

Sounds a bit like a PITA to me.

SD also has a free trial. That is what I use, so I could potentially help if you had questions with that.

Alternatively, use viper's xml.

Sorry, that's all I got.

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by expatter View Post
    Don't know what to tell you other than it sounds like you are not inputting exactly what is expected; maybe an extra space or character somewhere IDK since I don't use the service. Did you check on the rovi.com site and see if they can help you?

From the description at awardspace.info:

This service targets real time interaction rather than bulk downloads. There is a limit on the number of requests one can make per day (10,000 on trial), and most program detail (aside from the title and airing time) must be requested individually per program. This adds up very quickly if you have a lot of channels or hours of schedule data, therefore this service (on trial) is not appropriate for daily collecting of 14 days of schedule data for a full lineup of channels with complete detail.

Sounds a bit like a PITA to me.

SD also has a free trial. That is what I use, so I could potentially help if you had questions with that.

Alternatively, use viper's xml.

Sorry, that's all I got.
    I've tried Vipers, but apparently my provider is different so alot of the channels dont pick up, thats why I'm trying to figure out how to do my own now.
    Does it matter if I use the SD JSON or regular?

The channel/program listings in Viper's EPG are mapped specifically to the channels here. The only way the guide would work with another service would be if that service used the exact same channel names as the services here. There will be the occasional overlap, but certainly nowhere near what you'd want.
    Last edited by ilan; 12-13-2016 at 11:56 PM.
    Beginner's Guide for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...-you-should-do

Kodi Options for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php?71-Kodi

Check the Announcement Section...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php...-Announcements

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ilan View Post
    The channel/program listings in Viper's EPG are mapped specifically to the channels here. The only way the guide would work with another service would be if that service used the exact same channel names as the services here. There will be the occasional overlap, but certainly nowhere near what you'd want.
    Yea i figured that out. I thought this was the service I signed up for, but ended up being something different. The quality is great, just pissing me off that the EPG for it is broken. But I'm figuring it out, so hopefully I can build my own EPG. What is used to pull the channel number? I found a program that reads the TV29.db and gives info, is that where you're pulling channel numbers?

Yea i figured that out. I thought this was the service I signed up for, but ended up being something different. The quality is great, just pissing me off that the EPG for it is broken. But I'm figuring it out, so hopefully I can build my own EPG. What is used to pull the channel number? I found a program that reads the TV29.db and gives info, is that where you're pulling channel numbers?
    It's the channel name, not number, that makes the epg data populate. If they don't match EXACTLY the guide will be blank for that particular channel.

Are you using an m3u file and KODI pvr? If so, you can always change the channel name within the pvr channel manager. Using the ???.ren and ???.chl works very well though, with mc2xml. If it is another addon entirely then this isn't any easy solution. Several other IPTV addons do have epg addons tailored to their use.

Junoir Member
    It's the channel name, not number, that makes the epg data populate. If they don't match EXACTLY the guide will be blank for that particular channel.

Are you using an m3u file and KODI pvr? If so, you can always change the channel name within the pvr channel manager. Using the ???.ren and ???.chl works very well though, with mc2xml. If it is another addon entirely then this isn't any easy solution. Several other IPTV addons do have epg addons tailored to their use.
    No, I just have a stalker portal to input.
    Interesting that its only channel name that populates it. That *should* make this significantly easier.
    Are the .chl inclusions/exclusions case sensitve? NVMD. Answered my own question.
    Do you just copy/paste the xmls into 1 text file, or is there a command to merge them together?

Sorry that I kinda hijacked this thread. Is there a better place for me to ask questions regarding help from you since you seem the most knowledgable regarding this.

You can map the data source's channel ID to the service's channel name as well.
    Beginner's Guide for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...-you-should-do

Kodi Options for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php?71-Kodi

Check the Announcement Section...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php...-Announcements

No, I just have a stalker portal to input.
    Interesting that its only channel name that populates it. That *should* make this significantly easier.
    Are the .chl inclusions/exclusions case sensitve? NVMD. Answered my own question.
    Do you just copy/paste the xmls into 1 text file, or is there a command to merge them together?

Sorry that I kinda hijacked this thread. Is there a better place for me to ask questions regarding help from you since you seem the most knowledgable regarding this.

You can do it either way but the easiest is to let mc2xml do the merge for you. If you have file1.xml already and you want to include it in your final output (let's use epg.xml for sake of ease) it would be mc2xml (then your .dat .chl .ren #days, etc) -I file1.xml -o epg.xml

Check the other tutorial thread that has no discussion. It's all spelled out how to do it and only a handful of posts to keep it easy to follow.

Junoir Member
    You can do it either way but the easiest is to let mc2xml do the merge for you. If you have file1.xml already and you want to include it in your final output (let's use epg.xml for sake of ease) it would be mc2xml (then your .dat .chl .ren #days, etc) -I file1.xml -o epg.xml

Check the other tutorial thread that has no discussion. It's all spelled out how to do it and only a handful of posts to keep it easy to follow.
    Inside the channel manager, do you have to change where it says Guide Source is Client?

Inside the channel manager, do you have to change where it says Guide Source is Client?
    No. I don't think you can make any changes there. Even though there is a toggle, it doesn't have any choices yet. In the future...maybe.

You can change channel name in there tho. And you can move the channels around.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast