Thread: Frankenstein

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

Frankenstein

It is coming up on the 85th birthday of the movie Frankenstein.

Frankenstein himself is much older then that thou.
    He just had his 200th birthday this last spring.

An obsessed scientist assembles a living being from parts of exhumed corpses.

Mary Shelley’s terrifying dream of June 16, 1816, spawned her classic horror story, Frankenstein.
    Shelly never named the monster in her book. It was referred to as The Monster or The Creature and a few other things, but never was it Frankenstein. His creator was Victor Frankenstein in Marys book.
    It was not until after he hit the big screen, that The Creature became known as Frankenstein, as the movie goers began calling him.

James Whale’s 1931 classic Frankenstein, which starred Boris Karloff as “The Creature” and Colin Clive as “Henry Frankenstein”.
    Cited as one of the very best horror films of all time, it cemented “The Creature” as one of the most famous monsters in cinema history.

A unique poster for this film, showing Karloff as The Monster menacing Mae Clarke, is worth at least $600,000 (US) and is possibly the most valuable movie poster in the world.
    The only known original copy is owned by a private collector.

The method of animating the creature is never discussed in Mary Shelley's novel. In the book, Frankenstein, refuses to divulge how he did it.
    (it was Mary's own life that did it)
    We all remember thou how it was done in the movie....Lightening.
    And remember the words from Doctor Frankenstein ?
    Its alive, its alive !
    The use of lightning to resurrect the monster has become the accepted methodology and appears in virtually every Frankenstein movie since.

The leading character of Mary Shelley's book, Dr. Victor Frankenstein, was renamed Henry because it was decided Victor as a name for the main character, would sound too "severe" and "unfriendly" to American audiences at the time.
    In the movie, Dr. Frankenstein's first name is Henry, while his best friend's name is Victor Moritz.
    In the novel, the doctor's name is Victor Frankenstein, while his best friend is Henry Clerval.

The film was banned in Kansas upon its original release on the grounds that it exhibited "cruelty and tended to debase morals".

During filming Boris Karloff was told on set that his wife had just delivered their first child. Karloff went directly from the set to the hospital in full makeup where he unintentionally terrified the nurses.

Bela Lugosi was offered the role of The Monster, but refused on the grounds that his character would not speak.
    Lugosi did eventually play the role in Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man (1943).

Watching this now on Kodi.
    There are quite a few dead links but I did find a couple working ones too.

Its Alive , Its Alive !!!!
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 06-11-2018 at 03:50 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Great movie. Loved it since I was a yougin.

It's alive. It's alive...
    Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA3P8eG1Kac
    Beginner's Guide for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...-you-should-do

Kodi Options for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php?71-Kodi

Check the Announcement Section...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php...-Announcements

Pinball Wizard
    Too Funny, I was watching Dracula 1979 with Frank Langella in the title role as well as Laurence Olivier, Donald Pleasence and Kate Nelligan. I remember watching Frankenstein has a kid but I'm also in a nostalgia mood so I will check it out. Maybe even Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein!