Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    TV Addicted

way to go avov...I can sideload apks!

Must say i am very happy with the tvonline 4, just figured out that you can sideload apks, installed showbox, megabox, netflix among others.

Way to go avov, you guys have stuck true to your promise of listening to your customers, maybe in the future you guys give us the ability to install google play it would make us super happy .

Fire From Within

How do you sideload the apks?

TV Addicted
    I would like to know also.

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    How do you sideload the apks?

1 - Download the apk of the app that you need from the internet (you can do that directly via the browser or using your PC and a USB drive or memory card, ...), there is a lot of websites to get that or you can copy it from any rooted android device.

2 - After installing kodi, run it, go to "Programs" >> "Android apps" (here you will get all the installed apps in your box) >> "Settings" (here you will get the settings window of android), then "Security and restrictions" then turn "unknown sources" to "on", and "verify apps" and "restricted profile" to "off".

3 - Then back to kodi >> "Programs" >> "Android apps" but this time go to "AppInstaller" (the app which we will use to install apks), then select your source (local disk, memory card, usb drive), the app will search all available apks, then you have just to pick (check it at the right, don't click[if you click nothing will happen]) the one that you want to install and on the menu at the top right, click "install"[this will install from the app installer not from tvonline installer].
    *got this from another post in the forums not mine i edited a few things
    you will not see the apps in your my apps you will have to load them from kodi android apps

hope that helps

Fire From Within

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost2k View Post
    ... then you have just to pick (check it at the right, don't click[if you click nothing will happen]) the one that you want to install and on the menu at the top right, click "install"[this will install from the app installer not from tvonline installer].
    Ah, that's the ticket. I'll try that out. The previous avov's could install apks just by click on them.

TV Addicted
    Ah, that's the ticket. I'll try that out. The previous avov's could install apks just by click on them.
    I tried it with my tvonline plus but couln't find the installer app, wonder how you do it with the tvonline

Fire From Within

Still can't load SPMC using that method... it sees the apk, but doesn't want to install it. Maybe SPMC isn't Android 5.1 compatible, or at least with this box. It's not a big deal, but I hope when Kodi 17 goes final, it will be made available through their market. Other add-ons are just not important to me.

Edit... my bad. I just had to do a refresh, or cycle, but SPMC is there! The native launcher doesn't see it, of course, but I'll try Nova launcher.
    Last edited by dara; 11-20-2016 at 06:37 AM. Reason: SPMC loaded!

Fire From Within

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost2k View Post
    I tried it with my tvonline plus but couln't find the installer app, wonder how you do it with the tvonline
    It's called "package installer". I don't have a tv online plus anymore to verify though.

TV Addicted
    Still can't load SPMC using that method... it sees the apk, but doesn't want to install it. Maybe SPMC isn't Android 5.1 compatible, or at least with this box. It's not a big deal, but I hope when Kodi 17 goes final, it will be made available through their market. Other add-ons are just not important to me.

Edit... my bad. I just had to do a refresh, or cycle, but SPMC is there! The native launcher doesn't see it, of course, but I'll try Nova launcher.
    Oh nice glad to help. Nova launcher great idea I never thought of that. More experimentation this is great

Fire From Within

Since I kind of hijacked the thread from your praise of Avov, to how to sideload apks, I changed the thread name... My fear was that despite the pretty good hardware, the limits of Micky Hop were going to doom this box to only running an adapted version of Kodi. Now... if only if we can root and get aptoid or google play on this thing!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast