Internet usage..

I have being notified by my internet provider that I'm way over and spent my monthly usage in one week after using the MAG254...I have read the posted usage for it and it should not be this bad did I do something wrong in the set up
    thanks
    h4e

Pinball Wizard
    Nope IPTV does require a large amount usage ofcourse taking in to account on your TV habits and all other home internet related items, Since I started using IPTV my monthly average has increased 50 GB a month. unlimited is truly the way to go.
    Last edited by Kimbo; 04-19-2015 at 03:14 PM.

unbanned christmas
    IPTV is based on internet speed and quantity, what you need is an internet company that will not have an over cap on your internet usage/ unlimited data at a stable speed and not being downgraded speed over capped with the charger, in a different way this hobby will cost you a whole fortune because the soon you spent your plan they will start to over charge you so call them and adjust the situation on your data plan.

I would recommend you get an unlimited internet service. The only thing in settings you can do is boot to main menu rather than last channel viewed and disable the preview options. Hope this helps, but it won't change your usage that much...
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

Ty Laser915&date for confirming my suspicion..will call the provider and make the necessary adjustments..before the sky falls in may..lol
    h4e

yea only way to use this is unlimited usage or it will suck for you but most i know have that

Rocket Recovery Technician
    If you are running channels constantly in HD or If you channel surf a lot, you may be loading multiple channels constantly. I direct input the channel numbers, and reduce the connection attempts, and loads. If you are on limited, you will most always be over all but a very large plan.

Moderator at Work
    I have been using about 200g a month with two TV one on a mix of iptv and iks the other mainly iptv, was on 300g a month but they now show 400, need lots as have old age 4 question dementia and often find have two systems running at the same time on one TV.

Most Canadian ISP's do offer unlimited as a premium (Extra 10-20 bucks a month) Still cheaper than overage.

"Most Canadian ISP's do offer unlimited as a premium"

not if you are using wireless air card for us guys out in the country, where there is no cable, wireless is 25g $185.00