Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Junoir Member
    Hi there,

Need some help. Have setup Mag 254 at a friends house and it worked. I came to my network and everything loads. I go into the tv and the tv guide comes up and is showing current times and date. I click on a channel and the channel shows the right station but no video comes up. I have rebooted and come back to it after a day to see if dates and shows change in guide and they do. any advice.

HD stands for Harley Davidson 4wheelin's Avatar
    check your donation and then try a iptv reset ,wait a few minutes then try mag.

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendo View Post
    I see an outgoing network request through my router log when I start the portal:

192.168.1.127 31.220.40.106 80 (www)

31.220.40.106 is the correct dns translation for 22.iptvrocket.tv .... yes? So, it would appear that at least some parts of the network components are interacting with the MAG254 and functioning as designed.

Would there be any ports that I need to open on the router? I have tried bypassing the router all together (and plugged the MAG 254 directly into the exede modem) it picked up a direct dhcp ip address (so bypassed all local LAN NAT) but did not get any different results. Still no portal or login screen, just a black screen when the portal attempts to boot.

Anyone have any clues?
    Updated 11/26 : (In case anyone else runs into this) I noticed that while I can ping the url and dns translate the url, a traceroute on the ip address fails. So this lead me to further investigation of the network. As a test, I was able to connect a tethered connection from my cell phone over 4G (so a different network) and the portal appeared and was able to logon. Not a great connection but was successful in isolating the where the issue resides.

So now I am at a place on determining what the network issue may be.

1. Can anyone confirm if they have successful connection over exede ISP? I am trying to determine if excede is blocking these IP's by policy or something.
    2. Are there inbound ports that need to be opened on routers to support the IPTV connections? (UDP connections or something?)
    3. Any other network related things to look at to get this going over my ISP connection?
    4. To help isolate how things should work, does the weather app on the internal portal work for anyone by entering a city, or is this further network traffic being blocked?

Junoir Member

Angry Good post! I think the correct answer is in (1)...

Quote Originally Posted by Zendo View Post
    Updated 11/26 : (In case anyone else runs into this) I noticed that while I can ping the url and dns translate the url, a traceroute on the ip address fails. So this lead me to further investigation of the network. As a test, I was able to connect a tethered connection from my cell phone over 4G (so a different network) and the portal appeared and was able to logon. Not a great connection but was successful in isolating the where the issue resides.

So now I am at a place on determining what the network issue may be.

1. Can anyone confirm if they have successful connection over exede ISP? I am trying to determine if excede is blocking these IP's by policy or something.
    2. Are there inbound ports that need to be opened on routers to support the IPTV connections? (UDP connections or something?)
    3. Any other network related things to look at to get this going over my ISP connection?
    4. To help isolate how things should work, does the weather app on the internal portal work for anyone by entering a city, or is this further network traffic being blocked?
    Hello Zendo,

Good post! I think the correct answer is in (1) Exede is likely blocking the IP's and you might need to use a VPN; despite what they say below. We here in the northeast are experiencing similar issues with a few ISPs. Good luck!

"With our powerful ViaSat-1 satellite, Exede takes Internet availability to the next level by providing broadband service to those who may not otherwise have access to the services they need. From Missouri to Pennsylvania to Alabama, we’re available to serve you."

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by budha View Post
    Hi there,

Need some help. Have setup Mag 254 at a friends house and it worked. I came to my network and everything loads. I go into the tv and the tv guide comes up and is showing current times and date. I click on a channel and the channel shows the right station but no video comes up. I have rebooted and come back to it after a day to see if dates and shows change in guide and they do. any advice.
    Hi Budha,

Good post! If your friend's Service Provider is different from yours; The Service Provider is likely blocking your MAG service and you might need to use a VPN; I had a friend over this weekend here in the northeast with his MAG254 which worked beautifully at my house and when he got back home he is experiencing similar issues.
    By the way, there was a software upgrade for the MAG254 on Sept. 30th 2016; Nothing to do with the issues you're experiencing. Go grab it, if you haven't done so!

Good luck!

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmarlehole View Post
    Hello Zendo,

Good post! I think the correct answer is in (1) Exede is likely blocking the IP's and you might need to use a VPN; despite what they say below. We here in the northeast are experiencing similar issues with a few ISPs. Good luck!

"With our powerful ViaSat-1 satellite, Exede takes Internet availability to the next level by providing broadband service to those who may not otherwise have access to the services they need. From Missouri to Pennsylvania to Alabama, we’re available to serve you."
    Updated 12/22 - FYI ... Just in case anyone else is looking for similar information. I can now confirm that the issue is number 1 from the above post. The IP's for these services are blocked on Ex?de and the service will not work through their ISP in the native configuration. I also found that several other local ISP's (Big Names ...) are also blocking these services / servers. So indeed a VPN is needed for most ISP's in my regional area. Also as a note further on Ex?de ... Since this is a satellite connection that already suffers from extreme latency (on the native connection), the VPN option does not work in this ISP environment. You can get a VPN to connect but it bypasses all of their satellite optimization / acceleration techniques and is so slow that the IPTV service will not work through it. So net... net ... IPTV will not work through Ex?de.

If someone finds additional methods of working through this ISP or has it working successfully through them, please let me know as I this is the only ISP option at my cabin and would like to get this working (if it can).

In the meantime as an old school option. The IKS service (provided as an additional service by your IPTV account) works just fine with a capable DSS FTA receiver. So if you have a dish and a FTA box that is capable, then this IKS traffic works fine through the ISP connection and since this is much less data traffic across the network is a viable option for remote satellite ISP connections and capped data ISP's as well.

Best of luck to all in these situations.

Junoir Member

Mag 256

i habe followed those steps but doesnt work on my mag256 he asks for a user and password
    someone tell me what to do

Junoir Member
    i set up and when i put in username and password it says failed
    how do i fix this

Junoir Member
    How does one get code?

Junoir Member
    Followed Bio's set up instructions (MAG 254) current updated ver 218
    Asking for 1. Check connections (They appear OK)
    2. Top Left hand box says Try again (http://66.xxxxxtv/)

Please advise.
    baker

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast