Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    I had been working fine for 6 months+ using 3.iptvprivateserver.tv as my portal url.
    The storm took out my internet for 3 days, and now I can log in ok, but no video on any of the channels or VoD and loading bar never shows.
    I looked in the guides and they all say use 11.iptvprivateserver.tv. I tried that, but the papaio site just toggles between 3. and 5. It won't let me put in 11.
    I must be reading something wrong.
    Help!

Junoir Member
    Hi guys, can you tell me if this model supports VPNs?

yes it will

Junoir Member
    Hi, thank you very much for your answer : )

My problem is that I've been helping a not very expert person to set it up...

I can only give him suggestions and I can't access the device directly :\

Do you mind telling me the way to access the VPN section and which type of protocols are supported?

Thanks in advance : )

p.s. no he doesn't have a router that supports this feature :\

Junoir Member
    Hi, the person I've been helping looked for some VPN settings but didn't find any.
    Are you sure it is possible?

Junoir Member
    I am a newbie following the setup guide. I have a new mag 254, using excede internet and donations to both rocket and iks66. I am able to see the order status online and shows the MAC is assigned to the route. Followed the steps in the setup guide and all responds as described up to step 10. Upon reboot the unit just goes to blank screen and never goes to portal or login screen?

Set the rocket url in portal 1 url and iptv66 url in portal 2 url, get the same blank screen results regardless of which portal I boot into. Have reset numerous times with the same issue upon each reboot / reset / portal reboot. I can successfully ping the url's from other devices on the network.

Any clues on what to try in further problem determination?

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendo View Post
    I am a newbie following the setup guide. I have a new mag 254, using excede internet and donations to both rocket and iks66. I am able to see the order status online and shows the MAC is assigned to the route. Followed the steps in the setup guide and all responds as described up to step 10. Upon reboot the unit just goes to blank screen and never goes to portal or login screen?

Set the rocket url in portal 1 url and iptv66 url in portal 2 url, get the same blank screen results regardless of which portal I boot into. Have reset numerous times with the same issue upon each reboot / reset / portal reboot. I can successfully ping the url's from other devices on the network.

Any clues on what to try in further problem determination?
    Further problem determination steps:

Tried all four of the US TV resolutions for video output mode, in case this preventing a change when the portal is trying to initiate. Rebooted between each mode change but still have the same Black Screen results with no portal and no login screen ever being presented.

Tried both http://22.iptvrocket.tv (the one provided on registration email) and http://11.iptvrocket.tv urls's in the portal definition screens.

Reset the unit to factory defaults, updated the software to 218 0.2.18-r14-254. Rebooted but still shows the same symptoms of no portal ever presenting itself.

I can check both of my routes online and the accounts appear to be active with the proper mac address of the MAG 254 assigned to them (even if they were not I would suspect the portal would start and just show an account error on login) but I get no portal to ever login to?

I must be missing something simple?

The MAG 254 is hooked up to a SONY HDTV via HDMI cable and the video on the setup menu has no issues so thinking the MAG254 to TV interface is ok.

The time server appears to be working as the unit has picked up the local time settings fine. I do notice that the weather app cannot seem to find any cities that I enter? Does this work for others? Or could this be indicative of some type of network routing issue? The web browser app functions ok and gets to google and other http sites.

As a further account test I was able to use the IKS setup from the IKS66 account email in my FTA config and this works fine.

Does anything need to be configured in the IPTV channels section of the embedded portal or does it pick this stuff up once the service portal is presented and logged into?

Anyone have any ideas for further trouble shooting? How about exede internet ISP can anyone confirm if this (IPTV traffic) works on and is not being blocked by exede? I have the 25Mbps connection and seems to stream fine on other TV service providers including Netflix HULU and others.

What else can I try?

tester
    factory reset your mag 254 and load the firmware from a usb flash drive see if that works http://soft.infomir.com.ua/index

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by greg View Post
    factory reset your mag 254 and load the firmware from a usb flash drive see if that works http://soft.infomir.com.ua/index
    Did the factory reset and reloaded the the firmware from USB. The blue screen reload seemed to go through all steps and reported successful. Upon reboot there is no change in the condition and no portal presents itself. I did find it curious that after the reset and firmware reload my portal url definitions were still there (I would of thought that these would have been wiped out with the reset and reload?). Do these definitions persist even after a firmware reload?

Anything else to try? I am beginning to feel stumped .....

Junoir Member
    I see an outgoing network request through my router log when I start the portal:

192.168.1.127 31.220.40.106 80 (www)

31.220.40.106 is the correct dns translation for 22.iptvrocket.tv .... yes? So, it would appear that at least some parts of the network components are interacting with the MAG254 and functioning as designed.

Would there be any ports that I need to open on the router? I have tried bypassing the router all together (and plugged the MAG 254 directly into the exede modem) it picked up a direct dhcp ip address (so bypassed all local LAN NAT) but did not get any different results. Still no portal or login screen, just a black screen when the portal attempts to boot.

Anyone have any clues?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast