Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Mag254 Setup Guide

If you change any settings and forget to press ok to save, do it again and save.
    Exit is top left of the arrow buttons and looks like a home icon.

1. Of course you start by putting batteries in the remote, hooking it to your tv, plugging in your network cable, and turning it on.

2. Once it boots up to the inner portal go to "Settings" and select "Interface". This is where you tell it where to go when it loads up, changes weather to C or F, etc. I set my weather to Fahrenheit here and ok to save. Exit back out to "Settings"

3. Now go to "System Settings" and select "Network" to set it up. "Auto (DHCP)" will work for most users. For wireless you need an usb adapter so we won't go into that now.

4. Select "Auto update software" and set auto update to enabled. Press the green F2 button to update now. Then exit.

5. Exit out twice to "System Settings" menu and now go to Servers.

5. Click "General" and put in a timeserver. pool.ntp.org works. Use the "KB" button on your remote to bring up the on screen keyboard. This is where we fix your time. Press ok to save and then exit once back to "Servers' menu.

7. Click "Portals" and enter your server info. There are 2 there. For "Portal 1 name" put Rocket and "Portal 1 URL" is the
    IPTV Server Portal URL

Press ok to save and exit back twice to "System Settings" again.

8. Click "Video" and choose what you want to use or what your tv wants to use. The bottom left button on your remote is the aspect button and will show the list, remember this for future reference. Press ok to save and exit back out to "System Settings" again.

9. This time select "Advanced Settings" These are pretty self-explanatory. Language, time zone closest to you, and where you find buffer size if you need to set it now or later. Left mine at 0. Make sure to press ok to save and reboot your STB.

10. After the reboot it will boot into the IPTV portal. If it loads into a tv channel or black screen press exit to see the portal page. Here you will see TV, Videoclub, etc.

11. Scroll it over to "Settings" and click it.

12. Here you can set parental control if needed. Select "Localization" now and fix your settings there. Set them as needed with a city somewhere close to where you are if yours is not listed. Exit out and scroll through the rest. If you need to change anything do so now. Some of the options are the same as in the inner portal.

13. For "Portal" it is best to leave it at main menu if you have limited bandwidth, so it doesn't come on to live tv without anyone watching it.

14. Towards the bottom you will see "Go to the inner portal", this is how you get back to the inner portal if needed.

15. Now exit out and watch some tv. Videoclub is where the movies are and tv is where, um, the tv is

If at any time you get bored, stumped, or want to learn more go into settings and exit back out into the inner portal. You'll see a book icon there named "Menu Guide" that has a wealth of information. Check it out and get a little more comfortable with the terms and usage of your mag receiver.

Any time you're in the inner portal, pressing exit a few times will boot you back into the IPTV portal.

Had to repost this, was somehow lost from the site
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 05-15-2017 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Modified for correct Urs

With the new r11 file you can have up to 8 portals.

wtf? that net speed
    Does anyone know if there is a way to disable the Parental Controls on the MAG254?

Pinball Wizard
    You should have started a thread instead of using this one. Here is some good reading.

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...Channel-Access

Question

Quote Originally Posted by upinsmoke View Post
    With the new r11 file you can have up to 8 portals.
    I have a question. What 7 other sites are out there to be added to these extra portals. I have yet to find any information. I suppose if you make such a comment, you should be able to provide direction as to the applicable need for them. Thanks. Look forward to an update.

we only discuss our service or other totally free services such as kodi for example, thks...
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

hi cant get my meg 254 going i follow the guide but nothing

if you follow set by step should work only thing i do different is setup internet then setup for auto update then let it update then load http://1.iptvprivateserver.tv

yep, update first..
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

Quote Originally Posted by slickplay View Post
    hi cant get my meg 254 going i follow the guide but nothing
    Agreed. Update first and foremost, but just before that make sure you have a connection to the Internet or that will be in vain. I followed this guide and set up 4 MAG254 units without any issue. If you have more problems be specific as to where you are hanging up and more help will follow.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast