Post PSA: Remember, You Can Sell Your Broken Gadgets on eBay

By LifeHacker
    PSA: Remember, You Can Sell Your Broken Gadgets on eBay

It’s a sad day when a beloved piece of tech finally bites the dust. But don’t go throwing it in the garbage! Remember that you can sell broken tech on eBay and put a little cash back in your pocket.

Some of you already know this, but for everyone else, I think it’s deserving of a reminder: Even if you think something is completely worthless, there’s a chance someone out there will pay for it (as long as you’re honest about its condition). Maybe they can fix it, maybe they can salvage a few parts, or maybe they just want to turn it into a weird art piece. When something breaks, checking past eBay auctions for “as is” and “not working” items (to see if similar items have sold before) should be your first stop.

In the past year, I’ve sold a broken speaker set for $30, a dead video card for $50, and a broken and very-past-its-prime first generation iPad for $60. Those numbers may not be a lot compared to the original cost of the item ($150, $300, and $700, respectively), but hey—it’s money in your pocket, and it can subsidize that upgrade you’ve been waiting for.

Just remember: Be completely honest about the condition of the item, provide good photos, and chances are your buyer will be very happy.

ebay is great for that. You can get wicked deals on "broken" tech sometimes too.. if something doesnt work for one guy, hell say, its broken, and sell it.. a lot of times these items just need something as simple as a firmware reflash, or a $5 part... i also like Garage saling. some people jsu dont know , or dont care what they have and sell things at a fraction of the cost they are worth... Just the other week I picked up a Philips Hue 3 pack starter set, brand new in a sealed box, for $40,, regular $200.. and i got to the garage sale near the end and it was one of the last items they had, people walked by it all day long not knowing what it was.

I use craigslist or penny saver to find deals even the phone on exchange and to sell

get active
    I used to go to Ebay to buy a lot of things until Paypal became the only way to pay and given the ridiculous tracking and add on fees which don't show up until it reaches your doorstep. This is in reference to the way they "provide tracking" from the US to Canada. I started buying everything from Canada and China to avoid the add on fees but then I started having problems paying for items with my credit card as Paypal became the only way to pay with your credit card so..........I said goodnight to Ebay.

Wallapop is also a great app to find things localy
    Lets Go !