Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: v2

unbanned christmas
    Phewwwwwwww, thank you. Because I have a lot of expectation on this box and really have waited long time for it to come out and really I don't want to be disappointment.

Looking forward to put my hand on this great device.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by date View Post
    Phewwwwwwww, thank you. Because I have a lot of expectation on this box and really have waited long time for it to come out and really I don't want to be disappointment.

Looking forward to put my hand on this great device.
    Glad to hear your excitement for the product. I haven't had the opportunity to play with it yet, but I've only heard good things so far. Really excited to hear what people think of it.

david_avov, can I assume that all pre-ordered boxes were the first ones out the door?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon05 View Post
    david_avov, can I assume that all pre-ordered boxes were the first ones out the door?
    Yes of course, the very first shipment contained all the pre-orders and the very very early orders of the Vixo 2. You guys will be receiving the product before anyone else.

Junoir Member
    Just got the tracking, coming from China? That's a surprise

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by singh007 View Post
    Just got the tracking, coming from China? That's a surprise
    We are shipping straight from our manufacturer for the first set of orders until we get our main shipment into the HQ.

DHL just delivered mine! I'll let you know when I get it running.

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon05 View Post
    DHL just delivered mine! I'll let you know when I get it running.
    Sweet! I'm curious to see the quality w/ rocket iptv.

Up and running. Here are some quick thoughts:

The setup of the Avov 2 is identical to the Avov 1 box. Cabling is easy, but be sure to connect the HDMI cable to the "out" port. There are 2 HDMI "in" ports on the Avov 2. The power supply is different from the Avov 1, so if you've got a Avov 1 box you can't just unplug and plug into the Avov 2. The remote requires 2 AAA batteries and is improved from the Avov 1. The game controller needs 2 AA batteries.

I immediately loaded the TVOnline and iLive apps to watch IPTV. My initial reaction is that IPTV picture quality is about the same as it is on the Avov 1 box, a 720p look. Since some channels look better than others, I agree with others on this site that IPTV picture quality is as dependent on network and picture encoding factors as it is box related. I will be doing some side-by-side testing of the Avov 1 and 2 to be more certain.

I watched some VOD movie samples on the TVOnline app and did notice a pretty good sound improvement. I'm guessing that the Avov 2 box has a better digital sound processor than the 1. I'm running both boxes through the same Yamaha AV receiver, so that's why I believe Avov improved their box. The VOD picture quality is excellent (1080 for sure).

Please consider that these are thoughts after a very short time with the Avov 2, but I did want to give you all some feedback. Also understand that I have a 1.5Mbps DSL Internet connection. Those of you with better connections may see different results.

I'll post more as I get more testing done.

unbanned christmas
    Does kodi work on it fully?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast