Junoir Member

Question Mag 254 Remote problem

Hello,
    I just received my Mag 254 brand new and I cannot get the remote to work. Any key I press on the remote, triggers the red on/off light to blink once but nothing else. I tried rebooting the box a few times but still cannot use the remote. To test if it was the remote or the box, I used my harmony remote and synced with infomir and it worked. So the box is working fine just the remote is not behaving. I tried replacing the batteries to just to make sure but still the same problem. During the process of taking the batteries in and out, I was able to navigate once with the original remote and all the sudden it stopped working yet the red light still triggers on the remote. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    prolly bad remote. It happens.
    Maybe simply as bad contact receptacles for the batterie contacts.
    Ed's Super Fix it Shop could help with that.

Just don't let Ed touch that Harmony RCU
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren

Junoir Member
    Did you try to power on your box using the Red power button on the top right of your remote??....Blue power button is for Pvr.

Or have you tried to get into Bios Screen by rebooting your box and holding your remote's menu button while aiming it at the Mag 254?

It's worth a shot!....Good Luck mate!

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmaschingon View Post
    Did you try to power on your box using the Red power button on the top right of your remote??....Blue power button is for Pvr.

Or have you tried to get into Bios Screen by rebooting your box and holding your remote's menu button while aiming it at the Mag 254?

It's worth a shot!....Good Luck mate!
    As soon as you plug the AC adapter behind the box, The box turns on itself so I can't turn the box on with the Red button. I did try pressing the red button constantly while turning it on and it did not take me to the bios. Do I simply just buy another remote on ebay or wait for the manufacture to send me one? I did sent the manufacture an email. Lets see if they respond. Say if I do buy it on ebay, is there a special setup i have to do or will it just work by aiming at the box? Thanks

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sam240 View Post
    As soon as you plug the AC adapter behind the box, The box turns on itself so I can't turn the box on with the Red button. I did try pressing the red button constantly while turning it on and it did not take me to the bios. Do I simply just buy another remote on ebay or wait for the manufacture to send me one? I did sent the manufacture an email. Lets see if they respond. Say if I do buy it on ebay, is there a special setup i have to do or will it just work by aiming at the box? Thanks
    I said entering the Bios screen by pressing the "Menu" button, the one that sits just above the volume button on the left and it looks like this:

.____________
    .____________
    .____________
    .____________

This is how I would test the remote if you have tablet or smart phone that has a ir sensor on it try downloading the mag250 remote app that may help eliminate remote issue till you can order a new one?
    Lets Go !

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bkman2020 View Post
    This is how I would test the remote if you have tablet or smart phone that has a ir sensor on it try downloading the mag250 remote app that may help eliminate remote issue till you can order a new one?
    Thank you I downloaded the app now. Also their support was pretty good. They are already sending me a new remote which is great! in case anyone comes across this just email their sales@ email address with the serial number and shipping address, they will send you a replacement in the mail.

Junoir Member
    How do I reprogram the remote to original settings?

Junoir Member
    I'm interested of changing the number of program to make my own preference of programs for example: CNN is on 256channel I want to remove at 15channel, to be easy for me to find the program, so I want to make a change at program numbers, but I don't now how can I make that..