Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Pinball Wizard
    v1.9.1(Monday, 24 August 2015):
    - Again fixed issue with getting final source link, Icefilms site keeps changing
    - Fixed Search For Trailers menu option

still not working....script failed

Pinball Wizard
    Currently Eldorado, Icefilms and the hosts (links servers) are having differences which boils down to the host not allowing icefilms access to their links!! hopefully they can work it out and get icefilms back on track!!

Pinball Wizard
    v1.10.0(Wednesday, 2 September 2015):
    - Fixed final source link scraping
    - Added test for Icefilms advertisements - this displays a quick ad from the Icefilms site to support them, this is testing how the system works, will be changed as we progress

C/P from ELDORADO

Ok guys this is a small test just to see how well this ads thing works, we're not 100% sure yet if we are able to trigger ad impressions for the Icefilms site so this release will help them see if it works

If it does then we can work from here

As of right now the ad is coming from the Icefilms site and is shown in a pop up box when you click to see the list of sources, sometimes the ad shows and sometimes it doesn't, haven't figured out why yet

I'm working on a way to make the ad image show off to the side of the screen somewhere and doesn't require the user to click on anything, my idea is to have it display somewhere and disappear after a couple seconds and doesn't waste any of your or my time

If this works, the next step is to try and create an ad impression for the host that you select to play from, this one I can almost guarantee will not need any form of pop up box of any sort.. we can display it the same as a captcha image is displayed, it will show as the final download link is resolving

Some notes/faq's:

Q: Where are the ads from? Who gets paid for them?

A: The ads are from the Icefilms site, this is to allow us to play nice with arguably one of the best Movie/TV site available. All AD generated revenue is theirs, myself or anyone at TV Addons gets none and wants none.

Q: Why are you putting ads in now?

A: Kodi itself has become VERY popular over the past year, and along with that we have also seen a rather big spike in users of our addons, this puts an extremely high load on the sites that we are leaching from - Icefilms and the file hosts. They have server bills to pay and revenue for that is generated thru advertisements, our addons circumvent their systems and pull what we want without any regard. A number of popular file sharing hosts have already closed, some have blamed us specifically. To play fair and ensure these sites stick around this has become the last resort.. and hopefully other addons follow the lead

Q: Is there any tracking of IP addresses?
    A: Nothing of the sort is implemented by us, and I never will put tracking into any of my addons as it puts everyone at risk! Though remember that these addons work very much like a browser, we are requesting web pages just the same, so if the host that we are pulling web pages from wishes to track your IP they can

Q: Will I get any adware/malware/virus/trojan/etc ?

A: No. It's virtually impossible for this to happen. I also write clean code that can be viewed by anyone, my addons run on my own machines at home as well.. why would I want to infect myself?
    Last edited by Kimbo; 09-02-2015 at 03:55 PM.

Glad he's working on this. Someone had to. Unfortunately this was inevitable. This is probably the best way to make sure the host sites can still get revenue while the Kodi users can still get content. Sure beats content sites and hosts closing down or constantly changing and breaking addons

Pinball Wizard
    Glad that is back too, I don't even mind the annoying small advertising screen that pops up!!

Pinball Wizard
    v1.11.0(Tuesday, 8 September 2015):
    - Fixed syntax error with MySQL table creation
    - Added referrer when grabbing Icefilms ads to ensure impressions are hit

has icefilms been fixed on avov mickyhop

Pinball Wizard
    No my dear Sir!!
    Quote Originally Posted by floder2 View Post
    has icefilms been fixed on avov mickyhop

Pinball Wizard
    v1.13.0(Friday, 25 September 2015):
    - Fixed ClicknUpload resolver