Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mag 254 vs Avov

Junoir Member

Question Mag 254 vs Avov

Hi there,

I was wondering what is the Avov equivalent to the Mag 254.

Currently I am using a Mag 254 and it is working fine but sometimes when I reboot I get mode

not supported. I am using a Samsung TV.

I have tried other Mag 254s just to compare and it always says Mode not supported so totally

unusable. can't get past this.

I have read that there are some Samsung TVs that have problems with the Mag 254. But

recently used a Mag 254 on a No name brand Tv and it said resolution not correct. Please

check device. Or something like that.

So would like to know which Avov is equivalent to the Mag 254. Are there many differences in

the Avov. Will I get the same guide like I do know running ***** on Mag 254.

I'm asking this in case one day my Mag 254 gives out, would like to know what other options

are there.

Thanks
    Last edited by dara; 10-11-2016 at 10:59 PM. Reason: non supported server

Fire From Within

They are not equivalent. The MAGs are linux boxes that run firmware that accesses servers that use stalker middleware. The Avovs are android/micky hop boxes that has an app that can access stalker middleware, but that app doesn't seem to be supported anymore by Avov.

The Mode Not Supported is probably your TV not syncing with the video output from the MAG, or vice versa. Make sure your box is sending out 1080i/60hz, and your TV is displaying same, for example.

Junoir Member
    So Avovs are android boxes therefore they need a stb emulator to run IPTV services?

Are all models of Avovs Android boxes?

Fire From Within

Quote Originally Posted by rogue17 View Post
    So Avovs are android boxes therefore they need a stb emulator to run IPTV services?

Are all models of Avovs Android boxes?
    Yes, but can only run apps out of the MickyHop market, out of the box. Good thing is that Kodi is in MickyHop. The bad thing is that MickyHop is extremely limited.

I have a mag 254 and an avov tvonline+... the avov is the worst box I ever had....constant crashes.lock ups plus the crappy power supply connection is garbage. ...myself. ..I will never buy another. ...the mag is a good box....if you set it up for auto resolution in the bios it should work without any problems

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by satmam61 View Post
    I have a mag 254 and an avov tvonline+... the avov is the worst box I ever had....constant crashes.lock ups plus the crappy power supply connection is garbage. ...myself. ..I will never buy another. ...the mag is a good box....if you set it up for auto resolution in the bios it should work without any problems
    How do I set up auto resolution in bios? Very new to this.

Thanks

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by satmam61 View Post
    Hi Satman61,

How do I do that? On some tvs I get mode not supported or wrong resolution. Yet others it's plug and play. No issues what so ever.

Thanks
    Last edited by rogue17; 10-17-2016 at 04:22 PM.

Junoir Member
    I have tried 5 different Mags on my Samsung TV. Only one works. The other 4 give me mode not supported. How do I check in Bios.

Thanks

the dictator

keep in mind we wont guarantee a good service, while you use an avov box, due to the latest events of bugs involving their boxes.

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tinieBlax View Post
    keep in mind we wont guarantee a good service, while you use an avov box, due to the latest events of bugs involving their boxes.
    I don't want a avov box.

But if I can't fix the Mode Not Supported on my Samsung Tv using Mag 254, I won't have a choice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast