Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Junoir Member

MAC address are locked to the internet service

Hi there I've been looking around is there anyway i can disable this option , reason cause it's not working for me , every day I've gotta do an iptv reset sometimes twice a day .Even if i move the box from my bedroom to the kids room or tv room gotta reset again it was all nice in the beginning but it's becoming annoying .
    So maybe there's a work around I'm not aware of or there's a setting i gotta do with my modem/router please advice .

Junoir Member
    Maybe shimson or velvyr.

Junoir Member
    Or any Mod or Staff could explain the reason for the Mac adress ip lock?

Fire From Within

MAC addresses are what the servers determine who are valid for the service. It shouldn't change on your box. However, the device information may change with a change in IP address, on PVR Stalker NFPS, which could be a router re-lease issue. That's why you may be needing to do an IPTV Reset.

TV Addicted
    It would help if you would say what kind of box you are using. Just so you know, MAC address are not locked to IP address, they are locked to the equipment you are using.

Without knowing you box type, I would suggest that you set you box to a fixed IP address from your router. That way you will always have the same IO addy where ever you move the box.
    Last edited by fastrick; 10-11-2016 at 11:10 PM. Reason: spelling

Junoir Member
    I'm using a mag254 plus a G-box Q using the stb emulator with Linksys WRT1900ACS router , so Fastrick if i change them to fixed ip instead of auto dhcp , i wont get that problem ?
    so if the mac address is only locked to the equipment why does it require a reset to work on another ip address ?

I believe !
    i think each port on your router has its own ip address so when you change it from one room to another you change ip addresses so thats why a iptv reset is required so the server stops sending a signal to that ip address and will send it to the new one only way to avoid all the iptv reset is look into a wireless adapter for your mag so you can move it with no iptv reset works on my dreamlink t1 i move it every where in my house worth a try !

Not sure but there is a possbility your provider is blocking you or you may have defective device,have you tried another device associated with iptv?
    Lets Go !

I have 4 different routers in my house and move my mag around the house connecting to different ones every time (hard wired) without any issues. ...so it sounds more like a isp problem

Junoir Member
    I agree with u satman61 , i think my Internet service provider is playing games , but it was working good before for about 2 years . But there were people saying that nfps did an upgrade ,and that included locking your device to your IP address

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast