Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    i have 2 mags my self never had issues swaping them around the house. could be router related as well.
    Lets Go !

They likely use our public IP not your private IP address. Most Internet providers use dynamic addresses so there's a chance things will stop working one day.

Why is this even being discussed.. It's the way it is. Do an iptv reset if things stop working.
    Last edited by Lance989; 10-13-2016 at 01:23 PM.

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by marlboro View Post
    I'm using a mag254 plus a G-box Q using the stb emulator with Linksys WRT1900ACS router , so Fastrick if i change them to fixed ip instead of auto dhcp , i wont get that problem ?
    so if the mac address is only locked to the equipment why does it require a reset to work on another ip address ?
    On most Lynksys routers you can set fixed ip address for each unit. Therefor just set a fixed IP address for your Mag254 using the mac address for locating it on the DHCP table and the set it up as a fixed IP. Then you should be able to move it any issues. I hope you are using separate donations for each box.

I am not a MAG user, but I think the DEV ID1 and/or S/N are internally generated using a Hash generator routine, and 1 of the 2 numbers it uses for this is your i/p. Dev. ID is stored in the server and used as part of the Login Authorization process.
    Using KODI, you can statically set these parameters.(I can connect to any line into my router and have an IP assigned upon connection, without a IPTV Server connection problem)
    The new protocol regarding the I/P address in question, is the actual I/P of your router to your ISP.
    /Of course, this is just my understanding./kens

papiao has put into place this convoluted security measure....that makes all boxes married to the routers IP address...........thats why I can't take the box to my friends unless I reset the mac at papiao site....this crap has just made me loose interest in the service........It can also happen if you shut your box off for a while and then turn it back on again ...DHCP settings change ip from time to time....

Junoir Member
    Are you by chance using LIME/FLOW? I'm in the Caribbean and experiencing this issue with all IPTV with that ISP. That ISP uses a dynamic IP on the WAN (Wide Area Network) so making changes to your router will not help because that will only affect the IP on the LAN (Local Area Network). This new security measure requires many users in the Caribbean and maybe other locations to reset the MAC address everyday. Its not that simple to just say switch ISP so I hope that NFPS comes up with a solution or a work around.

This part is causing me a huge problem.

I tested it somewhat, 2 different donations, 2 ISPs, One donation works with one ISP not the other, then vice versa.
    IPTV reset doesn't help. Then sometimes both ISPs seem to be blocked on both donations, but will work if I connect through a VPN. (Though even some VPN IPs appear to be blocked.)

Some time later all of a sudden they get unblocked.

This is a big problem because I am also in the caribbean where the ISPs here tend to have different Public IP blocks when you connect. FLOW/Digicel/Massy/Three Sixty/LIME (bmobile in Trinidad). (Carib poster I feel your pain).

I can hardly view at all anymore because vpn traffic is way too slow and most times won't accept my original isps.

I use four different providers. Sometimes aggregate the connections for increased bandwidth. Never to use stalker service though as I'm definitely sure I will be blocked across all.

I have quite a few donations.....wasted.

***Edit after more testing it seems that under some criteria the IPs are deemed as malicious or security breach attempts and are blocked for a certain period of time.

To add woe, toubleshooting is even a problem as the amount of searches/IPTV reset/Mac change are limited (per day?).
    Last edited by PangOS; 10-15-2016 at 01:51 AM.

Chief Officer
    oh man I just want to watch tv at home and the cottage sorry no girlfriend lovingly married ha another reset???

Junoir Member
    I've been talking with some other folks here on the island and they're having the same daily reset issue so now I'm sure it's not my home or router setup.

Junoir Member
    So we still have no work around? No solutions?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast