Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Fire From Within

It's an all out feud (or war!). Some add-ons are now giving you a choice of not using or deleting aaastreams. (still pretty easy to defeat). The developers are now hiding code to prevent them from being copied, and box sellers who had the aaastream add-on are removing it from their loaders. Facebook updates are being removed, but twitter is telling a lot of the story too. Fascinating.

I'm not sure if I can recommend going forward with aaastream, but I know that my modified addon will still work, and won't get easily auto-updated or deleted. If you use it, it is at your own risk, I only changed the external and internal name, and commented-out calls to the autoupdater.

Pinball Wizard
    the drama, i had to delete AAA streams what a shame. I will use your file Dara and i will hold you fully accountable if the Xunity people come knocking on my door

well not saying

unbanned christmas
    Had this one and never used it. although it is not nice to see one of the video Add-ons to be eliminated, I am fully covered with Genesis and Phoenix.

Well i think it's horrible what AAA guys have done and I had my own little feud with them on their facebook page until they banned me. When someone takes hours of his week to find streams and update them, it's really not fair to implement them on your own add on and call it your own. I have deleted AAA from all my customer's boxes and hope everyone does the same. Supporting them is detrimental to this hobby.
    Let's put it this way, if we support them, then all the guys they're stealing from will stop publishing their lists. So in the end you still wont have anything to watch if using AAA.

Fire From Within

@toyz4tv, I agree with you on how AAA did business was not right, and if your customers understand why you have removed the addon, its ok (and its really not my biz anyway ). I'm looking at the code to see if there is what is rumored that they are scraping customer data within Kodi is true, and if that's the case, I'll delete my mod. If anything, I won't use anything from them that autoupdates from outside a repository. The ones that need it already have it by now anyway. What I don't like is when others no matter their motives delete or modify code that was working on someone's system. It's a little hokey that developers are forcing a choice with add-ons and repositories and the aaastream, but after the mashup take down, I figured out workarounds are pretty easy in Kodi, as long as you have backups.

Just me, I don't believe I'm supporting them, but taking this as a learning situation. I wouldn't give those guys a cent for what they are doing. But developers getting huffy about code and streams getting copied... well... ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

if you have aaa still click on youtube on fire app and see what it says

Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    @toyz4tv, I agree with you on how AAA did business was not right, and if your customers understand why you have removed the addon, its ok (and its really not my biz anyway ). I'm looking at the code to see if there is what is rumored that they are scraping customer data within Kodi is true, and if that's the case, I'll delete my mod. If anything, I won't use anything from them that autoupdates from outside a repository. The ones that need it already have it by now anyway. What I don't like is when others no matter their motives delete or modify code that was working on someone's system. It's a little hokey that developers are forcing a choice with add-ons and repositories and the aaastream, but after the mashup take down, I figured out workarounds are pretty easy in Kodi, as long as you have backups.

Just me, I don't believe I'm supporting them, but taking this as a learning situation. I wouldn't give those guys a cent for what they are doing. But developers getting huffy about code and streams getting copied... well... ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
    Yes i totally agree about playing with someone's system was the wrong way to go. Let's see how this spills over the next few days. All i know, is that now im stuck reworking lots of android boxes!! But I'm a firm believer in community working together and i've been working closely to 3-4 devs of some addons and it really sucks for them. So they have my support.

Fire From Within

BAM!

And down goes xunitytalk.

unbanned christmas
    Hahaha I see you got it as well. I don't blame them.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast