Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Fire From Within

Reply from Metal_Kettle:

I find it appropriate I give a response.
    Yes AAA Streams did ask to be removed from my repo as it was causing problems for them. Even though it doesn't matter where an addon is installed from whether it be from zip or repo. If the code is bad it will fail. I agreed, but politely asked them to remove my code in exchange. This was met with a foul mouth response (screen shots on Twitter somewhere). It was this hostility and disrespect for other developers work (not just my own) which caused me to ask the question of their ability above copying and pasting, on the only communication method open to me as I was banned from there facebook group.
    The addon has not been infected with a "virus" it was s very some code change which a man of citrics aledged abity should be able to reverse. I have since removed the update from my repo (and posted instructions on how to reinstall) earlier today. But if he knew anything about how xbmc/KODI worked he could have solved the problem in 5 mins after the update was pushed.
    To start a private group on Facebook can only mean 2 things. 1. They have something to hide. 2. They cant cope with confrontation with users unknown to them (as we have already seen with various banning actions on their group and their poor support when being asked questions).
    The underlying problem still exists however; their addon is based on leeching code (code which takes time to write and figure out) and paste ditecy into the addon. Think of a developer and you can bet your bottom dollar their code has been hacked (as citric himself called it) and pasted in AAA Streams.
    In reply to citrics rather bold statement of "all devs on all their addons ask for donations", that is simply not true. I for don't want people profiting from my code when I never ask or accept any donations, never have, never will.
    Thanks for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by generallee View Post
    Dara i was able to get it going. i had to uninstall aaa stream program and then install from there own repository. then i updated it. working for me now.
    +1. got it working also.

Pinball Wizard
    I originally downloaded from their website a month or so ago and not from the Repo, so far is working fine. But will keep Dara's just in case.

Fire From Within

It looks like they fixed the updated code for v1.9.3Build41. Here is a tutorial that has a link to another source for the add-on. As I posted earlier, you may have to remove repositories that had the add-on to prevent the update that will only show TV Boxes, such as SuperRepo (Helix), until they remove it from their repository.

Code:
     http://tutorial-iptv-xbmc.blogspot.com/2015/02/aaa-stream-live-tv-update-add-on-for.html
    Use my modified addon only if you want no connection to any auto update method.

Oo
    Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    It looks like they fixed the updated code for v1.9.3Build41. Here is a tutorial that has a link to another source for the add-on. As I posted earlier, you may have to remove repositories that had the add-on to prevent the update that will only show TV Boxes, such as SuperRepo (Helix), until they remove it from their repository.

Code:
     http://tutorial-iptv-xbmc.blogspot.com/2015/02/aaa-stream-live-tv-update-add-on-for.html
    Use my modified addon only if you want no connection to any auto update method.
    I tried this code for to d/l, when it's done I open it up it says TV BOXES

Fire From Within

Quote Originally Posted by tonyboy View Post
    Oo

I tried this code for to d/l, when it's done I open it up it says TV BOXES
    You have a repository that still has the old .31 code. It has been known to be in an unrefreshed MetalKettle repository, as well as SuperRepo all (Helix). You could u uninstall the current AAAstream, and relinstall it with the one on the tutorial, or just install the modified one I posted earlier.

thanks works great

Fire From Within

aaastream just created its own repository. See the video to find out how to get it.

Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLNNzF_7s8E&feature=youtu.be

Fire From Within

Hilarious. xunitytalk now has a detector for aaastream, and they now give you an ultimatum to dump them or aaastream. It looks like my mod may be the only way to have both on your system. I hope not to get banned by xunity LOL!

Pinball Wizard
    LOL. Don't get in trouble Dara!! For me is getting harder and harder to maintain my attraction to Xunity, It's unfair for anyone to dictate what addons are in my box. IMHO

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast