Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Fire From Within

AAA Stream taken down

It looks like AAA Stream was taken down, not by the makers, but by the guy who was hosting it on his repo. It looks just like what happened to MashUp a while ago, because the add-on now just has the ads for the box sellers. Apparently, the repo host got ticked that the aaa stream group wanted to take support to their own webpage, and a bunch of accusations of stolen code, etc. You can check out their facebook page for their side of the story. I'm trying to see if I can fix it myself on the pre-updated add-on, not good so far.

Hopefully it will come back, but its probably going to be under a different name than AAA Stream

Pinball Wizard
    Sad, it was a good addon!! Thanks for the update.

Junoir Member
    Dara i was able to get it going. i had to uninstall aaa stream program and then install from there own repository. then i updated it. working for me now.

Pinball Wizard
    here is their post on FB:

mportant Message to our Loyal & Genuine Fans

Dear Users you are probably aware of the situation we find ourselves in, if not let me explain it all started when we asked to be removed from Metalkettle’s repo because we felt we could provide a better service to our followers through our website, he was not happy about this and started accusing us of ripping the code of other devs and bad mouthing us on Twitter and of course some of their followers believe anything they say
    In the meantime it has come to our attention these same users have joined our facebook page and are relaying pics and status’s back to the puppet master, one being that we charge for our services, firstly all devs on all their addons ask for donations its not mandatory but they do push the message, secondly like them we do have a donations section but if u don’t want to donate thats cool that don’t mean you cant use aaa
    To make things worse Metalkettle through his repo has inflicted in simple terms a virus into our addon so it will update to a home page that only shows the folder to our retailers that are selling their own boxes (Not Ours) , hence why we posted a video of what to do to recover the add on without this virus on it, some people managed some people didn’t
    We as a team don’t care what these people try and do to us but what we do care about is our followers we feel he is trying to dictate to you what you should watch and what you shouldn’t by blocking us and bad mouthing not just us but many other devs and groups, why should you its your choice thats what XBMC/Kodi was made for not dictatorship!!
    So what we have decided to do is start a new group named AAA Stream Users II and for you to join this group you will have to send a Friends request to Bargainhunters Bargainhunters or Triple A Afterdark thats just so we can determine that you are not an imposter, don’t worry you can delete BB or after dark once you have joined the group we don’t want to invade your privacy
    I hope this has cleared up a few things or two and has not spoiled your viewing pleasure with us as we are doing our upmost to resolve this situation in the form of our own repo but first let us get back in touch with you and get you back on AAA
    Sorry about this long statement but had a few things to get of our chest, See you in the other group
    AAA Team

Fire From Within

Quote Originally Posted by generallee View Post
    Dara i was able to get it going. i had to uninstall aaa stream program and then install from there own repository. then i updated it. working for me now.
    Can you post the zip for the repository? I have it running, but only by modifying the code.

Junoir Member
    this is where i got it from. he tells you how to do it also. hope it helps.

Code:
    https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-aaa-streams-add-on-xbmc-kodi/
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 04-15-2015 at 12:32 AM.

Fire From Within

I'm not sure it that's a permanent solution. Metal Kettle was the guy who bombed the code, and to prevent the update, you have to uninstall his repo. You can get the add-on on the website, so you can install it back again.

Can one of the mods check my upload limits? I fixed and renamed the add-on, and modified the code to prevent the update, but it looks like I'm stuck at 1M total.

edit: Metal Kettle claims he didn't modify the code, but someone out there did it through a website update. Be careful out there.
    Last edited by dara; 04-15-2015 at 01:18 AM.

Pinball Wizard
    You can always send it to Crazed or Theuduk since they have unlimited and they can post it.

http.//aaastream.com/
    Just uninstall the old one go to Add-ons on the left popup change Auto updates from ON to Notify then re-install aaa-stream

don't update until they fix the problem
    Last edited by big dady; 04-15-2015 at 12:47 AM.

Fire From Within

Here is the modified add-on. It won't pull an automatic update, and even if you hit the update icon, it shouldn't update. Use at your own risk, it doesn't appear that there is anything malicious in the code, but who knows for sure.

Edit: USE ONLY IF YOU WISH NO AUTOUPDATE THROUGH A REPOSITORY SOURCE, OR THROUGH THEIR WEBSITE. If you already have the TV BOXES only on the add-on, you will need to uninstall and reinstall the add-on from an exterior source. Read on for a link.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dara; 04-15-2015 at 03:20 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast