Thread: online plus

online plus

I have an online plus on rocket IPTV...I have read that the avov boxes are no longer supported...does that mean that my box will no longer work in the future?any help would be great ...thanks

TV Addicted
    My Online Plus still works and I'm sure it will for some time to come. The main server provider that Rocket/NFPS/IPTV66 sells to us use "Stalker" programming with their servers. The AVOV boxes use Stalker software to connect to the Stalker servers. AVOV is working on new software that would be incorporated on the server end and our end called Nova middleware. The word on the street is the main server people are not going to adopt Nova keeping the old archaic and very limited Stalker software. Since AVOV is pushing for Nova it is assumed that AVOV will force an update on our boxes applying NOVA on our end at which case would render our boxes incompatible with Stalker and we would be unable to connect to the server. If this happens you would only be able to connect to servers that supported NOVA which apparently will not be Rocket/NFPS/IPTV66. I'm sure there is a lot more to it but this pretty much sums up what all the hub bub is about.

Fire From Within

Let's not speculate. No one knows for sure what Avov will do, but themselves. Even if they update their current firmware to not work with Stalker middleware, you can run Kodi, and without modification, you can continue to connect to their servers. Avov and Infomir (the creator of Stalker middleware) are competitors in the IPTV space, they want to sell their boxes, and maybe Avov feels that they need have their own middleware offering to survive against Infomir and other box makers. That doesn't preclude Papaio from creating a different portal for NOVA, especially if Papaio wants to maintain its user base.