Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks for an honest answer, You are right, can't get Kodi on mags, I do need Kodi, So any suggestions other then Avov.

would need an Android box.

Fire From Within

If going "Android" my biggest gripe is that some box makers make it so customized and bloated that its hard to install third party software (Phone makers are really bad at this). Amazon does this with their Android offerings, and also lock down their boot loaders and recovery. You also want to avoid low memory boxes, or sticks, you save money, but get headaches in the long run. On the other hand, if you buy a generic Android box, you get what you pay for... no returns! Try to get an Android box that is upgradeable to at least Android 5.0. so you can use Kodi 17 and greater if you wish.

Thanks Dara, to the point as always

Probation
    Did AVOV not made it clear they have NOVA which is a competitor to STALKER so that's why Stalker is no longer supported. Its also interesting because at the same time this site is promoting NOVA URL so which is it?

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?20970-new-nova-url

Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    We don't necessarily support boxes, but will help you get going with the services. The issue with the Avov's appear that their software may not be updated in the future for the Stalker servers, however you should be able to load Kodi on those boxes. Besides boxes that can run Kodi, the Dreamlink T1 and the Mags can run the servers on imbedded firmware.
    Last edited by ottme2; 09-30-2016 at 05:47 PM.

Fire From Within

Quote Originally Posted by ottme2 View Post
    Did AVOV not made it clear they have NOVA which is a competitor to STALKER so that's why Stalker is no longer supported. Its also interesting because at the same time this site is promoting NOVA URL so which is it?

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?20970-new-nova-url
    I don't think AVOV made that clear at all, but their actions show that they may be doing that. So, if their firmware doesn't support Stalker, we can't support it. Kodi still works on their boxes, and in some cases you can install third party software.

Probation
    That is what confused many of us, I thought Nova Middlware was just a name that would replace The tvonline(stalker) app they have. Instead it is a competitor to stalker(or the mag brand) which this service is based upon. So promoting the nova middlware being a direct competitor to Stalker middleware is promoting another service! since in order for us NFPS users to benefit from it, NFPS would have to ditch stalker middleware and jump to nova middleware thus leaving all mag users and kodi users in the dust!

I personally feel i was sold a lie when i pre-order the tvonline4 they promised many things like grided epg only to find out it only works on services that run on nova middleware servers.

Probation
    What about NOVA currently in beta testing? Are you saying that will not be supported also, or just TVONOLINE running on AVOV boxes?

Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    I don't think AVOV made that clear at all, but their actions show that they may be doing that. So, if their firmware doesn't support Stalker, we can't support it.

Fire From Within

What about NOVA currently in beta testing? Are you saying that will not be supported also, or just TVONOLINE running on AVOV boxes?
    We don't deal with speculation here. The big guy says we can't support the TVonline on Avov boxes, and says to use Kodi instead. If there is an announcement of support of NOVA, for the servers, you will see it from Staff.

Fire From Within

We don't deal with speculation here. The big guy says we can't support the TVonline on Avov boxes because of their ongoing issues, and says to use Kodi instead if you have issues with it. If there is an announcement of support of NOVA, for the servers, you will see it from Staff.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast