Junoir Member

Help with MAG 254 (urgent)

Hi to all in the forum. I am new and I need your help please. It's a little bit urgent because my daughter plays in a tennis game tomorrow in the morning and I want to see her in Tv.
    so, 3 days ago I bought Mag 254. when I get in my house I connected with my tv (samsung 40j6200) and everything was fine for 3 hours. After this nothing. The tv displays a message which says " check the cables' connections and the settings if the device". I changed hdmi cable, ethernet cable, I tried all the other hdmi ports but nothing. I can't enter in the menu. Afte all these tries I connected my pc monitor and the menu suddenly displayed with the channels of course. WTF. Google it and I discovered this faantastic forum. I saw in other thrreads, that I have to change the resolution of the MAG (it's a little bit strange, because the first time it worked aaand 2nd the tv is new so it must work at all resolutions). so I changes it to 1080i 60 and it worked. After 2-3 reboots he stopped againd and is displayed the same message. I tried at all resolutions of the MAG but nothing. connected with ppc monitor works perfectly.

Any ideas please?
    Thanks in advance!

tester
    reset your mag 254 may correct the problem

tester

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by greg View Post
    Thanks for your answers guys. I solved the problem changing the video resolution of the mag 254 . I downgraded to 1080p 50 (no 60). It was entering in the menu and the channels. The next day while it was entering in the menu and the channels, it displayed black screen without no image. After this, I changed again the resolution to 720p , it played for a little and after some time he stopped again and displayed black screen. I don't know what to do! I have no idea . Can you help me? Can I change smt in the tv? At my pc monitor it plays normally.
    Last edited by tziminhio; 09-23-2016 at 12:17 PM.