Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Not all Mag 254 are created equally

Maybe some of the issues ppl are having could be the boxes themselves. The fact that not all boxes are created equally.

I have two Mag 254 boxes both with same firmware one straight from the manufacturer and one from ebay that is suppose to be genuine. Both boxes are identical even with the world map on top and infomir logo with the only difference being that the charger of the one from the manufacturer is shorter than the other.

Yet the one from the manufacturer hardly freezes and hardly hangs up such that the only choice you have is to reboot \ power cycle it.

Could the other box be a clone ?

Pinball Wizard
    I have 2 Mag 254, they are both hooked to a internet extender via Ethernet cable they both work the same. I do not run them at the same time but so far they are equal regarding any freezing. If you think you have a clone, you can always email infomir with a picture and product ID and they will verify. They did it for me.

Also make sure they both are updated with their updated software.
    Last edited by Kimbo; 04-12-2015 at 06:22 PM.

I am going to have to agree with the op on this mine was a piece of junk constantly unplugging from the back freezing locking up my friend from the same batch as me our mac and serial were very close he has to as well unplug it constantly
    another friend who got one months earlier his has been working like a true champ all along it is why we bought them
    I sold mine prior to the r11 update as I couldn't handle it any more
    my friend still has his and did the upgrade and surprisingly he hasn't took a hammer to it because it has been worse since the r11 updated firmware

I have no probs at all with r11, none whatsoever, thks
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

I seriously think its bad solder points on the main board or slight cracks like the op says not all are created equal and the qc had went to the toilet on some batches to meet the demand

Pinball Wizard
    Must be a few batches, since i have a couple of friends that have MAG 254 and they haven't had any issues. Infomir has good costumer support and have been known to state that they will replace within warranty.

These boxes are mass produced and like anything, there will be a few bad apples in the bunch. As IPTV become more mainstream, there will be more clones, just like FTA. Buyer beware. Do your homework. I would stay away from Ebay. Buy from a respected dealer. There have many suggestions here and many happy customers.

Personally, I love my Mag 254. It handles streams from my home network like a champ. No issues at all, even with the new firmware. I can bet you that there will be a clone kill somewhere down the line.

I believe the Avov 1 has the S/N number in their servers...or else your box would not connect......that may be their way of keeping clones from not working..........

Do the Avov's connect to the Avov server first? That would be one way to keep the clones at bay. It's not a horrible idea.

Junoir Member
    So far my 2 weeks MAG254 is working fine.. at fist was with r3 and yesterday upgraded to r11 and working smoothless... priceless stb!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast