Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Nascar Pool Diecast Winner
    Smart-Stb almost works on Samsung tv with NFPS, gets the channel list, vod list, descriptions etc., the only thing not working is setting your time zone. You can select New York but it will not save it so you end up being 6-8 hours off. They said they Smart-Stb people, are working on a fix.SO if it gets fixed would be a good deal for $27 for a lifetime

TV Addicted
    Downloaded this from the lg store on my lg tv. The app downloads, but when I open it it says it's not yet available in my area (Canada)

Junoir Member
    Hiya.

I activated and put the portal in but I am still only seeing the test channels. What have I missed?

Thanks form reminding us about that posibility.

Nascar Pool Diecast Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponyegg View Post
    Hi all, thought I'd post my experience of using SmartSTB on my samsung TVs this weekend.

I installed SmartSTB on both my Samsung UE65KU6000 and UE32K5600 over the weekend.
    When you install it the app is locked to only load it's 'portal' from http://demo.smart-stb.tv
    In order to unlock it and enter your own url you can do this for free (for 7 days) by giving
    the Virtual MAC Address of your SmarSTB instance at this site: https://smart-stb.net/index.php?_url...l-for-smart-tv
    Activation is effectively immediate, I saw no lag at all.

Once activated you can add any portal/url you wish as you would normally. Restart the app and hey-presto it'll load your portal just like a standalone box.
    I've not had any bother with the app, it's fast... very fast in fact, makes my MAG254 seem slow, definitely feels like less lag when flipping between channels.

The fly-in-the-ointment though is the need to pay to be able to customise the App. This can be done through either a monthly fee ($2.55 each month OR a one off payment of $27.99 for the lifetime of the app). I decide to pay for lifetime licences for both my TVs, saves all the faffing around with micropayments going out each month.
    Overall I was impressed with this, but then I'm relatively new to this game.
    Are you able to set the time zone for your location? I have a series 6 Samsung and can't get time zone to switch to New York time, other than that it works great

Junoir Member
    Please can anyone here show me how to handle this issues...... I paid for Smart STB on my samsung TV. I order a suscription, all channels loaded fine, but they did not play. Every single channel i clicked on stay blank. Pls what can I do? I contacted smart stb customer service and open a ticket, but they sent me a long message about 88 which is already opened. My provider says it out of their scope.

Then I decided to download STB emulator or my Fire TV Box. First time i turned it on after suscriptions, it work, then stopped working right away and all channels disappeared....

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyegg View Post
    Hi all, thought I'd post my experience of using SmartSTB on my samsung TVs this weekend.

I installed SmartSTB on both my Samsung UE65KU6000 and UE32K5600 over the weekend.
    When you install it the app is locked to only load it's 'portal' from http://demo.smart-stb.tv
    In order to unlock it and enter your own url you can do this for free (for 7 days) by giving
    the Virtual MAC Address of your SmarSTB instance at this site: https://smart-stb.net/index.php?_url...l-for-smart-tv
    Activation is effectively immediate, I saw no lag at all.

Once activated you can add any portal/url you wish as you would normally. Restart the app and hey-presto it'll load your portal just like a standalone box.
    I've not had any bother with the app, it's fast... very fast in fact, makes my MAG254 seem slow, definitely feels like less lag when flipping between channels.

The fly-in-the-ointment though is the need to pay to be able to customise the App. This can be done through either a monthly fee ($2.55 each month OR a one off payment of $27.99 for the lifetime of the app). I decide to pay for lifetime licences for both my TVs, saves all the faffing around with micropayments going out each month.
    Overall I was impressed with this, but then I'm relatively new to this game.

how do you get to see the virtual mac ID once the program loads?
    Owned devices: Nvidia Shield (2015 & 2017), Minix X8-H Plus, U1, U9-H, Dreamlink T1, Dreamlink T1 Plus, Avov Tvonline, Global media box 4k, Mi box, Buzz xpl2000, Buzz xpl3000, T95Z Plus, Formuler Z7+ (UK & NA)

Junoir Member
    The Virtual Program ID is the same as your Samsung SMART Mac address except the first 6 number get changed as 00:1A:79:X:X:X the x's are the last 3 pair of numbers of your Samsung
    Mac address..

Quote Originally Posted by owen420 View Post
    noticed on my Samsung smart TV there is now a mag250 emulator in the app store however I can't figure out how configure the portal settings on it anybody else tried it?
    I got a full 1 month trial from a dealer that sell the NFPS service to people that buy these TV,
    He could activate the app for me if i use his service, which i did, after a month, he set it back to demo mode,
    in demo mode you get 4 station, 2-radio & 2-Tv.
    the 2 tv stations are CNN & BBC

This app is actively been updated as you read this. Support for m3u playlist, a second portal, and more.

After you but the app, lifetime is about $27, you will be able to access the portal page.
    When you start the app and it says "Loading Portal", just press the Enter key/button.
    it will take you to the app menu system.

I did all of this back in March-April 2017.
    This app is the bomb, it replace all those box for IPTV.
    That is if your TV support it, and have it in the store you TV can access.

Junoir Member
    I read about this recently but I don’t quite get it. After you install the STB Emulator on Samsung Smart TV where do you get the url you need for the programming? Do I need an existing sub for a Mag254 for example that I can use or do I need to buy one to use?
    thanks

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast