Probation

Question What XMLTV type and addons.ini are people using for iVue these days?

Hello,

I recently got iVue back up and running, missed it quite a bit. I'm giving it a go because ********** seems to no longer work.

As of right now I can go into iVue, see a list of channels with current and correct EPG information, and if I select a channel to watch it asks me where to stream it from. I select Stalker Client and it saves the correct information and tunes to the channel and saves my choice so next time it knows to auto-load from Stalker.

There's a sticky in this subforum that explains the current state of iVue functionality with Stalker services. It says that someone would have to do this manually for every channel. I'm posting today because I'm unsure of if there is an automated process that exists for this now. It would be very challenging for me to set these all manually, especially considering that channels are added and dropped from the Stalker lineup frequently.

That brings me to my next question, the iVue Stalker settings asks what XMLTV type I would like to use. I currently have Stalker selected. Does this setting in iVue update itself based upon the present lineup online from Stalker? Or is it just a static file? If this is a static file that doesn't get updated on iVue's end, I was hoping that there is a place to source a constantly updated XML. Is there a plugin that could do this ala EPG updater for **********?

I'm assuming that addon.ini contains all of the correct links to Stalker-provided streams - same question, is there somewhere you can download a current addon.ini that is constantly updated? Is there a plugin that can accomplish this?

Thank you all for the support!!
    Last edited by chango; 09-16-2016 at 12:37 AM.

Beginner's Guide for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...-you-should-do

Kodi Options for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php?71-Kodi

Check the Announcement Section...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php...-Announcements

Probation

Question

Hi,

Thanks for that link but it has absolutely nothing to do with what I asked about.

It is certainly not an issue of EPG not showing up or loading in **********, I'm not using **********.

I'm using iVue and the guide information is displayed.

I am attempting to link Stalker (NFPS) channels to the entries in iVue that already exist via the XMLTV option titled "iVue Stalker". I'm not sure that is the correct backend to select in iVue: Is it getting that list directly from iVue servers? Is the list that exists right now current? Does iVue update it often? As NFPS is constantly adding/removing channels, it would be best if there was a plugin that automates the process of fetching new XMLTV and addons.ini, but if there isn't a plugin or otherwise automated process of doing that, where can I find versions of addons.ini and XMLTV that are current?

I don't know where the confusion came in but obviously I confused you so I hope this post cleared things up for anybody who may have been confused as to what I wrote in the previous.

If that post was also confusing, I'll just post these bullet points. Can someone answer these questions please?

* I am looking for a way to automatically link all of the channels that are listed in iVue to the channels made available by Stalker Client NFPS.
    * The problem is that as of right now, all of the channels and guide information shows in iVue, but when I select each channel, I have to manually link the stream from the Stalker Client NFPS plugin. I need to automate this process.
    * Which XMLTV setting should I be using for iVue? I am using a NFPS account. I am currently using the iVue (Stalker) XMLTV type, but if this isn't an accurate / frequently updated XMLTV, where can I find one that IS? Is there a plugin that automates the process of fetching the latest list?
    * Which addons.ini setting should I be using for iVue? I am using the one provided by iVue, but there are no channels linked to the list of channels with program guide info that iVue displays, and I have to manually select the Stalker Client as the provider of each stream. Is there a plugin which automates the download of current addons.inis for NFPS? If not, where can I download updated versions of addons.ini manually?

Thanks in advance for any assistance, everybody!
    Last edited by chango; 09-16-2016 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chango View Post
    I'm giving it a go because ********** seems to no longer work.
    Thanks for that link but it has absolutely nothing to do with what I asked about.
    Really....
    Last edited by ilan; 09-16-2016 at 01:05 AM.
    Beginner's Guide for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...-you-should-do

Kodi Options for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php?71-Kodi

Check the Announcement Section...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php...-Announcements

for iVue I use "Amy's List"
    seems to be the best for stalker....

the stalker list works but seems to be hit and miss... why idk

epg ninja is working again tho.

Probation
    Quote Originally Posted by ilan View Post
    Really....
    Yeah, really. I'd love for you to show me where in that thread you linked me about people's ********** not showing up where the information in regards to where the correct and constantly updated XMLTV and addons.ini for iVue is.

If you had read more than the first line I posted you would have known that I wasn't asking anything at all about ********** and there was no user error in my ********** configuration. I have absolutely no interest in ********** and was not asking anything about how to get ********** configured. I have used ********** for months and had it configured correctly and did not need a link to how to configure it at all: The service was down. Which happens all the time. Which is why I'm now using iVue and was asking for assistance in configuring iVue properly.
    Last edited by chango; 09-16-2016 at 09:11 PM.

Probation
    Quote Originally Posted by owen420 View Post
    for iVue I use "Amy's List"
    seems to be the best for stalker....

the stalker list works but seems to be hit and miss... why idk

epg ninja is working again tho.
    So besides switching the XMLTV to Amy's List in iVue is there anything else that needs to be done? Do you know what the origin of Amy's list is?

The Stalker XMLTV seems to mix some things up, there's channels that are showing the wrong EPG info for the channel i.e: NBA TV showing iCarly, and there are many channels which have correct program guide info, are able to be tuned manually, but when I select them in iVue it fades into a black screen rather than tuning the channel, even after I've selected Stalker Client NFPS as the source for the channel.

Yeah I've seen that ********** is working again for now but the reliability is terrible, the feature set is minimal and prohibitive, and its epg is ugly as well. I've wanted to be back on iVue for a while and the only reason I wasn't is because I was under the assumption that the entire service is gone for good.
    Last edited by chango; 09-16-2016 at 09:08 PM.

So besides switching the XMLTV to Amy's List in iVue is there anything else that needs to be done? Do you know what the origin of Amy's list is?

The Stalker XMLTV seems to mix some things up, there's channels that are showing the wrong EPG info for the channel i.e: NBA TV showing iCarly, and there are many channels which have correct program guide info, are able to be tuned manually, but when I select them in iVue it fades into a black screen rather than tuning the channel, even after I've selected Stalker Client NFPS as the source for the channel.

Yeah I've seen that ********** is working again for now but the reliability is terrible, the feature set is minimal and prohibitive, and its epg is ugly as well. I've wanted to be back on iVue for a while and the only reason I wasn't is because I was under the assumption that the entire service is gone for good.
    IDK if this will be of help to you or not but iVue is not the only game in town. Google search for TDB TV Guide or mayfair (M-TV) as they seem much better IMO to iVue. You seem a perhaps a little hard to please (and nothing wrong with that, but then you probably want a 'bespoke' guide) so if these options don't work for you, maybe just learn how to pull your own epg for whatever channels you want. You can do your own pulls several ways but one is with mc2xml (google it). Then you can add your own channels that you want and further pull for 1, 2, 5, 7, 14 days, etc.

Seems like you are expecting a perfect setup and you won't get that for $80 with this service. You either have to accept it for what it is or learn how to help yourself to get a more tailor-made setup that makes you happier. I did the latter after months of frustration.

Cheers.