New to Kodi need help please

Hi all hope you can help me.

I wanted to purchased a KODI android box to use in my second bedroom as I do not have an aerial or cable fitted to a sat dish and thought this would be the best way to be able to watch UK TV here in Spain, as I have a fast Internet speed (94.96Mpbs download and 9.53 upload speeds).

But here is my question if it comes pre loaded is there anything technical I have to do to be able to watch my TV programs? or does it come as just ‘plug and play’.

Was looking at the COOLEAD 4K Quad Core S812 M8S unless anybody else has a recommendations

Thanks in advance

Fire From Within

There are lots of YouTube videos that shoes you what Kodi can do. If you buy a box preloaded with Kodi, you usually will have some addons that may have live tv, and video on demand, but you can do this easily on your own. Save some money and learn by installing Kodi on a PC, or a generic android box, or if you want a cablelike STB experience use a box like a avov, dreamlink tv, or Mag. You can read about those on this site as well.

Funnily enough I use a Mag254 in my lounge but again that came pre loaded so it was just 'plug and play' with no need to go into any of the settings.
    I tried the free KODI on my laptop but found it cumbersome and too technical for my understanding, yet I could watch live TV but the next day could not remember how I got the live TV, hence was looking for a pre loaded box.
    Thanks dara

Fire From Within

We can't make any recommendations on pre-loaded android boxes as some builds will directly compete against the supported services. Are you using one of the supported services on your MAG 254? You can use your donation on Kodi, if you learn how install add-ons to Kodi, and use the donation checkers to change the assigned MAC.

Anyway, once you learn how to install add-ons, either through repositories or through .zip flies, it isn't that hard to run Kodi, especially if it is already installed for you. For beginners, that's the hardest issue to get through, and the youtube videos help. Kodi is just a media center interface, not much different than a browser, if you are using add-ons. Generally, on those builds, they do usually include most popular add-ons, like Phoenix, that have live TV.

One place where you can download a build that will install Kodi for you and add-ons is found at tvaddons.ag called FreeTelly. That site can also help you better understand Kodi, so it won't be that hard to overcome your tech fears. We generally don't allow discussion about other sites, but tvaddons.ag is considered general knowledge for users of Kodi.
    Last edited by dara; 09-10-2016 at 01:28 PM.

Thanks not sure I follow but will watch the video's,
    I did manage to install Kodi on my laptop and get Phoenix but found the quality poor and during live soccer matches it often buffered and became unwatchable, so decided to go for the MAG254 pre loaded, hence looking at a pre loaded Kodi box for my other bedroom.

Fire From Within

Yes, generally the quality on free add-ons like Phoenix is shaky. Live TV is generally poor unless you use a subscribed service. If you do go the route of a pre-loaded box, ask the seller if they are including subscribed pay add-ons and support as part of their price. If not, walk away. We don't discuss those subscribed pay add-ons here, and to be honest, many are fly-by-night outfits.

Thanks again and yes over here in Spain there are many fly-by-night outfits, I think they left the UK as bank workers and arrived here as TV Experts, heard many horror stories of iPTV suppliers who are pre loading boxes and selling them only for the user to find out they are connected to free servers and their quality is useless.
    Will keep a look out before making a purchase.
    Thanks again