Thread: help please.

Junoir Member

Angry help please.

Running 16.1 on windows 10. chaaanged my settings today, so kodi starts at tv. next time it loaded it went to blue backround screen without any titles. cant get anywhere just blue screen. tried reloading kodi and of course it retained settings so same thing happened. is there any help as I have bunches of addons and favs which I don't want to lose. help help help

Copy your appdata>roaming>KODI directory to your desktop. Then uninstall KODI and resinstall it to see if you have a working system. Since it's a fresh install, it should work fine. Then you can copy the directories from your desktop back into your appdata>roaming>KODI>addons to have the addons again. You would also copy the folders from your desktop (appdata>userdata) to appdata>roaming>KODI>userdata>addondata to retain your user settings and favourites, etc.

You could just copy the whole thing from the desktop to your appdata>roaming>kodi and overwrite the files, but you might wind up with a non-working system again. I guess it would depend on what is mucking up your system at present.

Can't really hurt to try, since you have an unworking system at present.