Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Uk epg

Uk epg

I know this subject has been posted multiple times, but is anything actually being worked on in regards to UKTV EPG being missing? Been about a month not working for me.

Tried using UKTV EPG Grabber that member 'couch potato' posted about but cannot get it to work properly

Anyone using alternatives for the meantime?
    Last edited by kizza; 08-22-2016 at 06:53 PM.

No alternatives to the three supported servers.

Junoir Member
    Actually, Couch Potato's UKTV EPG Grabber works great once it's set up, rounding out all the missing UK guide listings nicely. It did, however, take a fair amount of time to figure out and a good deal of trial and error before it was fully functioning.

I was frustrated at first but persistence payed off. Maybe start over and try it again?

Yeah I saw a lot of people praising the grabber and it looks like an excellent solution. I'm usually really good with these things as I work in IT but the UKTV EPG Grabber I had to leave alone before I put a fist through my Laptop. Followed the guide, reset IPTV and EPG cache... nothing. Might have another go in a bit.

Did you manage to integrate it with **********?

Junoir Member
    Yes, it's integrated with ********** so that UK and US listings both show up now. It took several tries to get it to work properly, and I couldn't get it to work with PVR Stalker NFPS with VOD enabled. However, it functions with the built-in PVR Stalker and PVR Stalker NFPS with no VOD enabled. Which are you using?

Using pvr.stalker - the one inbuilt with Kodi as it loads channels much quicker.

The only reason I can think it's not working is due to where the saved file is being kept? Currently sitting under:

File Directory: C:\Users\<username>\
    File name: epg

Not sure if this needs to sit under the same location as where the ********** xml file is

Junoir Member
    I was wondering about that too! After trial and error I don't think it has to be in the same location as the ********** file. PVR Stalker though, should be configured to point to the location of the EPG XML file created by the UKTV Grabber, wherever it is. I'm using android. Do you have the PVR Stalker setting enabled in UKTV Grabber settings? Are you using version 1.02 of the Grabber?

Holy mother of God! You sir are the(next)man! . It all seems so blindingly obvious now that it's working. Thanks!

Turns out I hadn't set the pvr.stalker to point to the same xml file as the epg grabber. Derp.

Junoir Member
    All good brother, I'm psyched you got it working. Fully functional now? Strangely, the thread containing the UKTV Grabber seems to have disappeared mysteriously, so we may be the last to benefit from Couch Potato's ace work. Enjoy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast