Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please help: Kodi crashes restarts on live TV launch

Hi I have official current stable version big openelec 15.2 isengard.

When I select live TV it appears to pass the authentication part successfully, then it will crash and restart Kodi with either the loading of channels or loading of the epg guide...

I don't think it is anything to do with the IPTV service because with lightning reflexes I am able to load a channel and i see it plays perfectly before Kodi quickly crashes on me and the cycle repeats...

I have deleted the epg.db with no success...

I have seen some references to this type of issue on Google but no definitive solution has worked for me.

Can anybody help with this frustrating issue...I'd be very grateful!
    HARDWARE: Intel Braswell NUC 5CPYH HTPC

KODI: 17.4

SOFTWARE: Stalker Client (Built-in)

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mwake View Post

When I select live TV it appears to pass the authentication part successfully, then it will crash and restart Kodi with either the loading of channels or loading of the epg guide...

I don't think it is anything to do with the IPTV service because with lightning reflexes I am able to load a channel and i see it plays perfectly before Kodi quickly crashes on me and the cycle repeats...

I have seen some references to this type of issue on Google but no definitive solution has worked for me.

I got same issue with openelec 15.2. Any help?

TV Addicted

have you trided another version of kodi? pehaps LibreELEC google it.

Thanks for reply, so even if no one has a solution could any one point me in the right direction of how to resolve the issue.... I'm stuck... The only thing I can think of that I have to wipe stove and start again.... But that is big hassle... Everything think else on Kodi works and I didn't make any changes to settings or anything else so don't know why this randomly started occurring...

Updated to libreelec same thing happens...Kodi still crashing when Stalker Client PVR loads up. Libreelec even has slightly different PVR version. Openelec was authored by devken 0.8.4 version. Libreelec version 1.0.8 authored by Jamal Edey. Despite that it's the same result....

I'm using confluence skin, just to rule out skin issues...

TV Addicted
    I personally like KODI 15.2 better than 16.1, but 16.1 seems to be a little more stable. Might I suggest you go to 16.1. Sometimes even re-loading the version you have can do wonders!

Quote Originally Posted by Lowteck View Post
    I personally like KODI 15.2 better than 16.1, but 16.1 seems to be a little more stable. Might I suggest you go to 16.1. Sometimes even re-loading the version you have can do wonders!
    Thanks for reply, yes I have upgraded to libreelec which I believe includes version 16.1 of Kodi.... unfortunately same result....I will have to upload a debug log for extra help... I've tried deleting the EPG.db and tv.db files... Someone on another forum mentioned that it could be because of a bad add-on has corrupted Kodi sustem...so ultimately I might have to a full system wipe... thanks for suggestions...

Ok I have some sort of stability...not perfect setup but so far seemed to have solved the crash loop issue. I never actually directly solved the original issue becasue I moved away from the built in Stalker Client to the NFPS version.

The NFPS version doesnt make Kodi crash loop, thank god!

I gained two new issues though...

1. The PVR doesnt start at kodi launch (I have to go into Kodi settings and manually disable/enable live tv for it to start)

2. EPG for VOD channels works perfectly but for all TV shows "No Information" (Using Ninja Updater Service)
    HARDWARE: Intel Braswell NUC 5CPYH HTPC

KODI: 17.4

SOFTWARE: Stalker Client (Built-in)

TV Addicted
    Ok I have some sort of stability...not perfect setup but so far seemed to have solved the crash loop issue. I never actually directly solved the original issue becasue I moved away from the built in Stalker Client to the NFPS version.

The NFPS version doesnt make Kodi crash loop, thank god!

I gained two new issues though...

1. The PVR doesnt start at kodi launch (I have to go into Kodi settings and manually disable/enable live tv for it to start)

2. EPG for VOD channels works perfectly but for all TV shows "No Information" (Using Ninja Updater Service)
    Glad to hear you got it to work (mostly)

Just curious what OS are you running on your NUC? i'm running windows 7 fairly simple to install kodi.
    Linux distributions there is a guide on the kodi.tv download page. but i am sure you are way beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandiver View Post
    Glad to hear you got it to work (mostly)

Just curious what OS are you running on your NUC? i'm running windows 7 fairly simple to install kodi.
    Linux distributions there is a guide on the kodi.tv download page. but i am sure you are way beyond that.

Well well well... I decided to take the plunge and wipe and reinstall Kodi (Libreelec Stable 7.0.2…) and lo and behold everything works perfectly. Even with the built in version of Stalker Client PVR. I have colour EPG guide using Ninja updater service add-on too!

I hope this post helps someone else who runs into the dreaded crash loop. I tried everything to get to rescue my original Kodi setup but I feel with the PVR addons setup got corrupted beyond repair...

Haven't had one PVR related crash since reinstall... Maybe it was a rouge add-on that corrupted my PVR setup? I've heard rumours that bad add-ons can do a lot of damage to Kodi setups.. So I will be more care full what I install this time lol.... Anyways thx for advice all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast