Probation

Question Which device for IPTV?

Hi Community. I hope im typing it in the right section. If not, please move it to the right one.

I was using clines on my VU+ solo2 until this summer. Now i'e decided to switch to IPTV. I have 150 MBit internet speed. Already tested few IPTV providers but none of them worked properly. I thought the provider doesn't have quality but after a long discussion they told me that vu+ is not suitable with IPTV. That's why im searching for a suitable device now.

As mentioned i'll use premium IPTV and looking for a device for it. I've read about mag boxes but somehow im not impressed

I did some research and found nvidia shield box, apple tv 4, fire tv and some others.
    Which one will be better for IPTV? Im not going to use them for gaming (for that i use ps4). It's only for watching tv. But there are some options that i demand.
    I'd like especially to have options for EPG, Time shifting and also recording.

Could you please share with me your experience? I'd like to buy next week, since a new football season is starting )

Thanks in advance

seeek

If only for TV get a Mag or Avov box simple to use with EPG as for recording that's a different ball all together
    Search and you shall find. Ask and you shall receive. Give me beer friends for life

Probation
    Mag has low Ram no? How is it to stream HD Channels?
    What do you think about Apple TV4? Are EPG/Time shifting work on it?
    FireTV has also 2gb Ram. Can Fire TV handle IPTV (HD)?
    Last edited by seeek; 08-06-2016 at 12:08 PM.

iptv
    If you are thinking of signing up for Rccket/NFPS then the following applies- AppleTV is not the right device, EPG works good on the MAG (not all channels have it) and no time shifting or recording. Yes HD channels are pretty good but only a few are broadcasted in HD, most are not. Read some of the postings on Firetv (you can search for it) and see what others are saying.

Junoir Member
    My VU solo2 work perfectly, never had a problem. The issue might be the form of script they sent to telnet to your box.

The only problem I'm having at the moment is getting a vpn set up correctly on it.