Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    well Minix Neo x8-h plus is yr behind in development so me i give box 3 out 5 like many other boxes which is not bad it a good box its really not the box anymore its what firmware they run and what software you run me from the cheapest stick to the 300 dollar boxes i dont get freeze or anything like that the dual stays at 720p quad at 1080p dont have 4k so really dont care about that yet going to buy 80 inch 4k within a yr if wife lets me but by then newer boxes will come out on avov2 i run kodi at 1080p all time no freeze tvonline that another story its them and soon will change picture on the mag or avov as of day give it both 6 out of ten but both can do 1080p which i would luv to see dont like sd my tv were not made for that sd sucks big time so i sit here and wait till the day we have hd 1080p for vod and for live 720p that will make my day now to rate a box sure for iptv i give mag254 or avov 6 out 10 any other box for me about a 5 but hope all will change soon and can tell you get old edtv plasma one for now picture is best on them for now for iptv
    Last edited by Marley; 06-15-2015 at 09:04 PM.

Pinball Wizard
    I hope the wife lets you get the 4K, they are getting cheaper and better!!
    Quote Originally Posted by asft View Post
    well Minix Neo x8-h plus is yr behind in development so me i give box 3 out 5 like many other boxes which is not bad it a good box its really not the box anymore its what firmware they run and what software you run me from the cheapest stick to the 300 dollar boxes i dont get freeze or anything like that the dual stays at 720p quad at 1080p dont have 4k so really dont care about that yet going to buy 80 inch 4k within a yr if wife lets me but by then newer boxes will come out on avov2 i run kodi at 1080p all time no freeze tvonline that another story its them and soon will change picture on the mag or avov as of day give it both 6 out of ten but both can do 1080p which i would luv to see dont like sd my tv were not made for that sd sucks big time so i sit here and wait till the day we have hd 1080p for vod and for live 720p that will make my day now to rate a box sure for iptv i give mag254 or avov 6 out 10 any other box for me about a 5 but hope all will change soon and can tell you get old edtv plasma one for now picture is best on them for now for iptv

Mag 254 works nice. Controls are a bit different from the older boxes that I have used. I would rate the performance at 4 out of 5. My biggest complaint would be the remote. If it was backlit it would be a lot easier to read.
    Thinking about trying a MXQ Amlogic S805 anyone else try this box and will it even work with the iptv.
    Last edited by dreamer; 06-25-2015 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
    Mag 254 works nice. Controls are a bit different from the older boxes that I have used. I would rate the performance at 4 out of 5. My biggest complaint would be the remote. If it was backlit it would be a lot easier to read.
    Thinking about trying a MXQ Amlogic S805 anyone else try this box and will it even work with the iptv.
    Its a great box it was my first one and for the price its hard to beat. Its a little slow but overall its rock solid. I have had very little issues with it I decided to use the megatron rom which I think has helped with stability. I would recomend trying the Avov Vixo 2 or the Minix Neo 8H Plus both are way more expensive than that of the MXQ but both are way better.
    Last edited by wickedjoker; 06-26-2015 at 03:39 PM.
    My software has no bugs it develops random features.

Well; I have the Amazon Fire TV and use it everyday I'm just hoping it will work with the new IPTV service once they go live does anyone else have this box that could say...

thanks!

I'm using a Mac Mini with KODI 14.2, I hate the computer it's just to slow to use as a computer but it works just fine as a TV box, it's quicker once in KODI than my generic android box.

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedjoker View Post
    Its a great box it was my first one and for the price its hard to beat. Its a little slow but overall its rock solid. I have had very little issues with it I decided to use the megatron rom which I think has helped with stability. I would recomend trying the Avov Vixo 2 or the Minix Neo 8H Plus both are way more expensive than that of the MXQ but both are way better.
    weird i guess there is no solution for everyone

i hate my Minix Neo x8-h plus

had it for a week and had nothing but problems, this is not my first rodeo either just dunno i guess what i want it for it has comparability issues

Well I've had a few... Started with an Apple TV 2 jail broke it and installed XBMC, great for a couple of years to slow and buggie now. Loved the Amazon Fire TV and FIRE TV STICK (what a bargain), now I'm using a MINIX NEO X8-H plus, really nice and fast, some bugs here and there but with great firmware updates. Two others not worth mentioning. Hope they find a way to make IPTV private servers work on my MINIX, can't afford to change, and simply don't want to, the MINIX is gorgeous and does so much more and so well.

Junoir Member
    ? Will my FireTV will no longer work with Iptv Stalker am I correct in this thought and I have to purchase a new box??

Quote Originally Posted by blackkiwi13 View Post
    ? Will my FireTV will no longer work with Iptv Stalker am I correct in this thought and I have to purchase a new box??
    Wrong place to ask go to fire ty section and start your own thread there and you will get all the help you need

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast