Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    then you should be running linux xbmc

Warrior Member
    My favorite iptv box is the Mag 254 unit.
    My favorite Android xbmc/kodi box is the dreamlink android.
    My second best android xbmc/kodi boxes all come in second cause I like them all.
    MyGica atv582
    ott M8 quad core
    Minix neo x8-h

Mag254 it is.

Junoir Member
    mag 254 big up!

Mag 254 is my first favorite and my second favorite is the Avov TV online.

Pinball Wizard
    IPTV Box for me is the Mag 254, because of its plug and play simple, price and support.

its avov2 then the rest of avov then mag 254 why i like the interface of avov but really cant say chit tell we go private all of them do great job would really like to test it when we go private for me i dont like sd only one it looks good on is my old edtv plasma cant wait for hd and yes sd sucks to me on iks so its not boxes
    Last edited by Marley; 06-14-2015 at 05:29 PM.

TV Addicted
    I have to say, in spite of the price, it would be the AVOV 2 because it has KODI. It opens a whole new world to the IPTV.

Here is what I have and currently use

IPTV -
    MAG 254 .... This box is great small and portable. Setup for a novice is 2 out of 5 just clunky and can get confusion. Picture hardwired is 5/5 just my opinion i have not tested wireless cause i am to cheap to buy the wireless dongle being that is does not come with wireless that really sucks but again i guess it keeps the form factor down. There is not XBMC so thats a bummer but its an IPTV box guess i cant expect that. Instructions are in the box but very basic. Over all I would say a 4 out 5 once you get it running it is really solid very little buffering issues.

AVOV VIOX 2 ... I just received this box it the Mickey Hop service is nice to have. So the good, easy to setup 5 out of 5 any novice can do this. XBMC you get the latest beta of isengard me personally i would rather have the stable build of helix not sure why they would want you on a beta so i give it a 3 out of 5 at least you have XBMC if you want it. I see people complaining of the picture the quality I do not have any issue with the picture quality on TV online or in XBMC however I do notice buffering I am wifi with this unit so this could be part of the problem. However I also had a MINIX in the the same spot with out the buffering issues so picture for me is 4/5. You get built in wireless and a controller for games. No instructions in the box lots of apps to download so its nice to see this. Overall I wold say 4.2 of 5 still a very good unit as it is super easy to get it going.

Now for the XBMC BOX the good the bad and the ugly quite literally!

Minix Neo x8-h plus... I LOVE THIS BOX. I will start by saying for me it is a 5 of 5 the picture is flawless. The instructions come in the box again basic yes I know how to plug in my HDMI cable lol. There are lots of usb ports takes a standard SD card for more disk space. Mine came with the A2 Lite wireless mouse and k/b it broke after two weeks they replaced it for free although i did incur a ship to them charge. The Firmware needs to be upgrade but once you get to the right version it auto updates so nice. There tons of community support for this box I wish it had custom ROMS you could play with but i'd probably just brick the box cause that how I roll. Easy setup over all it has Gotham pre-loaded this is their build they recommend I removed it and put on Helix works like a charm. IPTV Stalker runs good it has its good days and bad days seems like late night works the best not sure why. The box is thin and small still easy to move around I like taking them with me when I leave town so its nice that is compact. So over all I will give this box a 5 out of 5 even though a novice will find it hard to setup but once you figure this box out you will fall in love with it hands down.

MXQ Clone...This was my fist box I bought it for 50 bucks on amazon. What can I say its a clone box its slow but stable. There is some community support for the clone boxes but its hard to find and time consuming to read all the issues. This box was loaded with Helix and Andys Build from I.totalxbmc. I loaded the Mega-Tron ROM it seems to still be working I gave it to my neighbor since he does not have cable he loves it. The only complaint from him is the IPTV Stalker buffers badly. This is hardwired on a 20MB connection. There are good day like the UFC this weekend worked flawless for him on the box. It has build in wireless lots of usb ports and can take a standard SD card for more storage. Overall this box is a 3.5 out of 5 still a great beginners box.

Matricom G box Q...Now for the ugly I HATE THIS BOX worse box I have paid for yet the specs look great but boy does it suck. There is community for this box but from what I could see not very helpful. Forget about buying the G FlyMouse its a POS with this box you cant type with it. There are plenty of usb ports and full sd card port. The picture once again is great i would say 5/5. I used Helix and Andys build. The ROM was already to the latest version though they did have a BETA available I did not do it why open my self up to more issues. Helix would constantly crash on this box. The UI is ok and not so easy to navigate took me a second to get use to it. IPTV Stalker worked on it but like said Helix would crash. There was talk on the forums to go down to Gotham why would I want to do that such crap? My opinion is stay away from this box until they get the bugs worked out maybe in another 6 months or so. Overall this box is a 2 out of 5 with a big stay away from it.

Sorry for any typos!
    Last edited by wickedjoker; 06-15-2015 at 06:58 PM.
    My software has no bugs it develops random features.

Pinball Wizard
    Very good and complete review Wicked!!!Thank you!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast