Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junoir Member

Please recommend a new box for me

Please help me clarify some confusion. I'm not sure what I'm looking for so please point me in the right direction. I wouldn't mind a backup for iks for the times it goes down. Also I hear about R8/MX3/M8/M9 having free tv without having to pay a fee? What's the different between these and MAG/AVOV tv online/AVOV vixio/Dreamlink? I don't mind buying either or both but would just like to know what they are.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    free TV is thru m3u playlist files ...a simple rich text doc is all the file is, which is an address to an online source of the playlist , which may be one channel or a few , which may be active and current or which may be dead.
    Them m3u playlists are never a consistent source for enjoyable TV watching.
    Most any android box if not all android boxes are m3u compatible. All the above boxes you mentioned are.

Now one step better then m3u playlists are applications created by developers which include lots of content and are found online given volentarly by the developer, and for most part are free.
    You would run these apps thru a Kodi platform or system, so to speak.
    The Kodi OS can be installed on all them boxes you mentioned as well (except the Mag boxes).

With the AVov and Mag 250 and 254 and with the Dreamlink T1, they all can run a private server thru their onboard functions and ability. With all other boxes you woud run a private server thru an app which would in turn run thru the Kodi system, which you would have already installed on your android box.
    So the AVov and Mag and T1 have an advantage in that way as they do not need the extra Kodi app.
    There are other things to consider too, The Mag receivers do not have the ability to run Kodi but can run a private server with their own onboard functions.
    While the Dreamlink T1 and Avovs can run Kodi and also the private stuff without Kodi.
    The Dreamlibk T6 can run IKS and IPTV and Kodi.
    The T6 must run private server thru Kodi thou. The T6 is good receiver but can be glitchy for the expense
    The Dreamlink T1 is strickly android with no IKS (fta) ability

Kodi is a source of abundant content , you need to remember.
    So having Kodi is a great big plus even if you do not need it.
    The other androids can all run Kodi as well, and some of them more expensive models have the power to back up the expense.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 07-24-2016 at 07:39 PM.
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren

Junoir Member
    Thanks for the reply. Sounds like I can run rocket iptv with any box but its just easier to setup with avov/mag. I have a DLT4 with a SD dish so I don't think I need something for iks. Should I get a mag plus another box for kodi or just an avov? For avov, what's the difference between tv online and vixio? Which model would you recommend right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Axessive View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Sounds like I can run rocket iptv with any box but its just easier to setup with avov/mag. I have a DLT4 with a SD dish so I don't think I need something for iks. Should I get a mag plus another box for kodi or just an avov? For avov, what's the difference between tv online and vixio? Which model would you recommend right now?

TVOnline is actually an APP that the avov uses to connect to a server.
    AVov marketed a box called TVOnline but that came from the fact that they use TVOnline app as their main app to connect to servers.
    All Avov models use the TVOnline app, just not is exact same way.

avov vixo2 or an avov Fuse if you can find one of those is good choice.
    Or a dreamlink T1 is another good choice.

Them boxes will get you all things related to iptv, including Kodi
    The Mag will not get you Kodi but will get you all other things related to IPTV
    - Ren

Junoir Member
    If you really looking for a new box and If you want a hassle free movies downloading then you must need an app like showbox, which may provide best ever user friendly interface. It is one of the best compatible movie downloading app for PC , Anadroid , iOS which may help you to get high quality video downloading .
    Code:
    http://showboxappdownload.co/
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 07-31-2016 at 06:41 PM. Reason: coded link

look any android will work from a 29 dollar stick to 450 box the ez ones to setup are the avov and dreamlink t1 just do your homework and you find out what members like i run many boxes

Junoir Member
    What about PVR capabilites? Which boxes have it?

Quote Originally Posted by crazed 2.0 View Post
    free TV is thru m3u playlist files ...a simple rich text doc is all the file is, which is an address to an online source of the playlist , which may be one channel or a few , which may be active and current or which may be dead.
    Them m3u playlists are never a consistent source for enjoyable TV watching.
    Most any android box if not all android boxes are m3u compatible. All the above boxes you mentioned are.

Now one step better then m3u playlists are applications created by developers which include lots of content and are found online given volentarly by the developer, and for most part are free.
    You would run these apps thru a Kodi platform or system, so to speak.
    The Kodi OS can be installed on all them boxes you mentioned as well (except the Mag boxes).

With the AVov and Mag 250 and 254 and with the Dreamlink T1, they all can run a private server thru their onboard functions and ability. With all other boxes you woud run a private server thru an app which would in turn run thru the Kodi system, which you would have already installed on your android box.
    So the AVov and Mag and T1 have an advantage in that way as they do not need the extra Kodi app.
    There are other things to consider too, The Mag receivers do not have the ability to run Kodi but can run a private server with their own onboard functions.
    While the Dreamlink T1 and Avovs can run Kodi and also the private stuff without Kodi.
    The Dreamlibk T6 can run IKS and IPTV and Kodi.
    The T6 must run private server thru Kodi thou. The T6 is good receiver but can be glitchy for the expense
    The Dreamlink T1 is strickly android with no IKS (fta) ability

Kodi is a source of abundant content , you need to remember.
    So having Kodi is a great big plus even if you do not need it.
    The other androids can all run Kodi as well, and some of them more expensive models have the power to back up the expense.
    I would like to have a box that can run IPTV only and capable of installing app like Kodi.

I know Amazon FTV and NVidia shield are the most popular because of those extra features but I don't really need them as I have a Smart TV and already have pre-installed most of the apps like other IPTV boxes out there.
    Last edited by nib01; 08-10-2016 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Axessive View Post
    What about PVR capabilites? Which boxes have it?
    I do not know of any or which that will do PVR
    The ones I have listed will not.

Quote Originally Posted by nib01 View Post
    I would like to have a box that can run IPTV only and capable of installing app like Kodi.
    please re-read this thread my friend
    - Ren

Junoir Member
    I bought a newer generic android box. How do I set it up to for rocket iptv? Is there an emulator app for that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast