New and frustrating problem!!

So, since the latest update, the T1 has certainly been far more glitchy than it used to be. Lots of little quirks, but nothing too serious.

However, a new and VERY annoying one has popped up!

As everyone who owns one of these boxes knows, the EPG has always been slow to populate. My solution was to set a Favourites list for my provider of about 200 channels and just populate that group of channels on startup every day. It takes roughly 10-20 minutes, so not a big deal really.

From time to time, since the update, while populating the EPG by scrolling through each page of the guide, the box will just exit out and reboot the service...DELETING the EPG I have just populated!! So, I have to start all over again after getting more than halfway through the population process!

This had happened maybe half a dozen times since the update a couple of weeks ago, so I let it go. However, tonight, its done it to me THREE times! I have not been able to get through the entire process in almost an hour. You could say I'm more than a bit frustrated!

Please, CaptainKangaroo, can you ask if there is going to be an update soon to fix some of the glitches that have been caused by the most recent update?

Thank you,
    Mano

Quote Originally Posted by Mano9423 View Post
    So, since the latest update, the T1 has certainly been far more glitchy than it used to be. Lots of little quirks, but nothing too serious.

However, a new and VERY annoying one has popped up!

As everyone who owns one of these boxes knows, the EPG has always been slow to populate. My solution was to set a Favourites list for my provider of about 200 channels and just populate that group of channels on startup every day. It takes roughly 10-20 minutes, so not a big deal really.

From time to time, since the update, while populating the EPG by scrolling through each page of the guide, the box will just exit out and reboot the service...DELETING the EPG I have just populated!! So, I have to start all over again after getting more than halfway through the population process!

This had happened maybe half a dozen times since the update a couple of weeks ago, so I let it go. However, tonight, its done it to me THREE times! I have not been able to get through the entire process in almost an hour. You could say I'm more than a bit frustrated!

Please, CaptainKangaroo, can you ask if there is going to be an update soon to fix some of the glitches that have been caused by the most recent update?

Thank you,
    Mano
    I'll forward your post to the proper people
    CaptK
    I gather darkness to please me...

Quote Originally Posted by Captainkangaroo View Post
    I'll forward your post to the proper people
    CaptK
    Thank you very much!

I try not to complain. I love my T1 and the pausing and rewinding of live TV that came from the latest update has been great!

The slow EPG loading is an annoyance, but I can live with it as long as I can populate it in that 10-20 minute window every day. When it takes me an hour and its still not populated because it keeps rebooting the service, I lose it! Sorry. Its been about 3 hours and its still not fully populated because I'm afraid to try. My compulsion to have a fully populated EPG is driving me CRAZY right now!! Haha

Hi Mano,

Sorry to hear about your agony and headaches you go thru everyday
    Could you please tell me how you populate EPGs on T1 ?

Thanks

Its now fixed. SW update will be released in an hour
    I gather darkness to please me...

Quote Originally Posted by Captainkangaroo View Post
    Its now fixed. SW update will be released in an hour
    That is truly incredible!! I have to imagine its a coincidence but great job addressing the issue to the Dreamlink team!!

Thank you Captain

Just an FYI that this continues to be an intermittent problem for me. Considering some of the issues others have had, I think I’m fortunate that this is the worst I get. However, this morning it rebooted the service twice and even kicked me all the way back to the homescreen another time while trying to populate the EPG.

I was able to get through it eventually, but it was certainly annoying.