Android Box w/ Modified Kodi + Stalker0.5

Hi fellowes & ladies

I am NOT complaining...just TESTING the IPTV server with an Android box using the modified Kodi 14.1 w/ Stalker o.5 client.

I am get connectivity and most of the channels, no issues. After connection within 5 minutes I have been getting a 2-3 sec. " micro-buffering " .
    This occurs ever 10 seconds; and then freezes and then back to sound & picture. The shows are watchable JUST wondering if any other TESTERS are getting the same results.. I have uninstalled and re installed the ' Modified Kodi-stalker ' bin just b/c... no change.

I have cleared the cache, and other tweaks usually recommended for the KODI media center. I have been using the Android solution for about a year so would not consider myself a " rookie "; BUT am always learning something everyday.

Does anybody have any TIPS or IDEAS...

Thanx in advance
    McPuff
    OLDMAN here~~Going back to 2003..my 1st FTA stb FORTEC LIFETIME ULTRA what a start to a great HOBBY!!!!! Still got yours???????

Fire From Within

You can extend the PVR buffer in Kodi. You have to add this code to the "advancedsettings.xml" in your userdata directory

Code:
        <pvr>
            <minvideocachelevel>20</minvideocachelevel>
            <minaudiocachelevel>20</minaudiocachelevel>
        </pvr>
    You can increase the number to cache more, but you will extend the time to change a channel, or at least to see video. I'm not sure if it works all that well, to be honest.

the emulators do have issues with the android boxes compared to having Kodi loaded using windows on a computer

Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    You can extend the PVR buffer in Kodi. You have to add this code to the "advancedsettings.xml" in your userdata directory

Code:
        <pvr>
            <minvideocachelevel>20</minvideocachelevel>
            <minaudiocachelevel>20</minaudiocachelevel>
        </pvr>
    You can increase the number to cache more, but you will extend the time to change a channel, or at least to see video. I'm not sure if it works all that well, to be honest.
    Thx Dara I will try the adjustments to the .xmladvances set. file.. and report back......
    OLDMAN here~~Going back to 2003..my 1st FTA stb FORTEC LIFETIME ULTRA what a start to a great HOBBY!!!!! Still got yours???????

kodi doesn't seem to save the settings i find. I usually just clear the cache & zero cache it,followed by the advanced acknowleged next to it, whenever i turn Kodi on.
    Last edited by alphablondy; 04-03-2015 at 06:01 PM.