Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

USA kodi users: Do you have skip/freezing every 1/2 second on USA channels?

Media Device - Nvidia Shield

- KODI PVR.Stalker

I live in USA and use KODI pvr.stalker, and my USA channels skip/freeze for a quick split second then return again. The audio sounds almost perfect but it's the picture skipping that's the issue.

I checked using my AVOV and I don't have that same issue. So not sure what's going on? My UK channels that I watch don't have the issue on KODI nor my Avov. It's just USA channels on KODI.

I do know there are some widespread reports of this freezing skipping action elsewhere but reading thru everything you can't decipher the system/device each user has.
    NEEDS TO UPDATE THIS

How-To setup ********** in KODI
    How to setup EPG Updater which configures PVR.Stalker "Stalker Client - built in" — (posted by psycon)

How to setup EPG Updater for IPTV-SimpleClient or IPTV Papaio Addon — (posted by dara)

================================================== ======

NFPS (Papiao.tv) :: Donation Check / MAC Reset / MAC change
    Check your Donation# (and/or) Link Mac to Donation

Check your MAC Address

Fire From Within

It's probably a device specific issue with you. You already have a thread open regarding the same issue.

Correct but now I found my issue was specific to KODI and that my Avov works.

So that's why I started a thread in the KODI section for obvious reasons.

I haven't had this issue before. It just popped up the last 1-3 weeks and I've noticed an alarming amount of people complaining of similar issues.

Fire From Within

It's not Kodi specific. It may be a PVR Stalker issue, but more likely a configuration issue on your shield. As much as people like paying for a premium product, they sometimes are over customized. The closer you get your machine to 'generic', the higher possibility it will conform to what Kodi expects., and then you can work on your settings after you get things working properly.

Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    It's not Kodi specific. It may be a PVR Stalker issue, but more likely a configuration issue on your shield. As much as people like paying for a premium product, they sometimes are over customized. The closer you get your machine to 'generic', the higher possibility it will conform to what Kodi expects., and then you can work on your settings after you get things working properly.
    I can agree with some of that but the issue just began not too long ago. I run about 35-45 Mbps. I haven't changed anything on Stalker Client besides not using EPG Updater.

Not a greenhorn to any of this either and there shouldn't be anything on my end making this happen as I've tried to look at some things to check to cross off the issue being with me or my device.

When I watch an American channel thru a KODI addon, I get no skipping issues whatsoever and I've tried multiple channels an addons. The only issue is the one w/ Stalker.

cheap tv guy
    I had a terrible freezing problem with kodi, last week, used a vpn and it stopped, last couple days have not used a van and it's running fine

I have same issue on Kodi...all USA channels are freezing so hard that I have to restart Kodi

US channels freezing with kodi pvr stalker on rocket. Audio is flawless but video freezes. Thought it was provider specific until I read some other posts.

Update: disable "allow hardware acceleration ".

It will fix the freezing.

Junoir Member
    no it won't and by the way . by doing that you end up with a jittery picture,,, great way to not watch tv,,, the picture quality for iptv is already weak let alone doing what you suggest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast